6 weeks to reduce my high cholesterol

henry d

Well the results are back and it`s 8.1 :yes: so statins it is !

Tomorrow is porridge munching day 1 :lol:

Cinnamon reduces cholesterol.

Sprinkle some powdered cinnamon on your porridge every day.

It will help the taste and do a good job. Check the internet for correct dosage.

All the best :yp: Rob

By my calculations a reduction from where you are now to 5.0 is a reduction of 39%.

I make that equivalent to your legs.

Et voila, no need to wait 6 weeks just pop along to the cutting section of your local Travil Perkins.

Regs,

Dr. Mung

P.S.

Before you croak it, don't forget to pop that cheque for the Lightforce roof handle in the post to me :D:hmm:

Henry ,

I was 6.2 on the scale and my doctor thought it was to high and put me on statins ,within 3 weeks my count was down to 4.2 where it has been steady for the past 5 years and I dont watch my diet .

Just beware that the statins can in some people cause extreame muscle pain in the legs .If this happens to you and I doubt if it will you should stop taking the pills and see your .

Harnser .

Just out of curiosity you dont have a fully trained gun dog that may need rehousing do you ? . Just out of curio's sake .

Edited by Harnser

I have a serous reply....

After not seeing a doctor for 15 years, except for a tetanus shot when I had a barbed wire incident whilst poaching turkeys...

Mine was 260 (in US numbers) and ideal was 180-200. In one month, I lowered it by 50 points by doing the following.

Virtually no butter. Oil in cooking as usual, but no butter.

Fish oil pills, (salmon) for Omega 3

instead of just oatmeal, which is a good thing, add flax seed meal. Very high in Omega 3

I ate chicken, even legs and thighs, and some pork chops, but virtually no red meat.

Of course, none of the stuff Lee writes about.

My doctor was shocked. And I didn't stop drinking gin.

Pete

Henry, you are 49 years old. You are young and the easiest way to reduce your cholesterol is with an active lifestyle. Nothing too fancy, just start going for a walk everyday for half an hour, building up your strength and extending the length of your walk as you progress. Watch what you eat, keep active and you will be amazed. Cholesterol is easier to manage than most people think.