holiday entitlement

stokeshooter

Right here we go me and the lads at work are hacked off with the boss we work for a small well known ltd company and we only get 15 days a year plus bank holidays we dont get good friday off he sends us home without pay if its raining but our p60s show us working every day he says we working them out wrong and we want to no if this is right and if not who do we see about it :yes: He really does think hes above the law and weve had enough .

All find another job and leave on the same day.

A tad hard in todays climate with regards to jobs i think. <_<

I would assume your not in any union (they do have there uses in times like this) you should try your local CAB (citizens advice bureau)

He is in the wrong for sure. He needs to be updated as far as employment law goes

he sends us home without pay if its raining but our p60s show us working every day he says we working them out wrong

Tell him you're going to phone the Inland Revenue help line to find out how you should be working it out and

see what he says.

This page....

http://search3.openobjects.com/kbroker/hmr...ator.jsp?type=1

..says the number to phone is on your P60.

Nial.

A tad hard in todays climate with regards to jobs i think. <_<

I would assume your not in any union (they do have there uses in times like this) you should try your local CAB (citizens advice bureau)

He is in the wrong for sure. He needs to be updated as far as employment law goes

If you do want a Union, dont join the GMB im a rep and from experiance, there useless

For the small sum it costs me each month I would not be without my union membership, a valuable source of advice, and if you on a disciplinery they can acompany you to that as well, shirty employers (In my experience) are less likely to be "shirty" when they know your gonna bring a union rep into their office, this doesn't mean you need to "Unionise" the whole shop floor, individual membership is good enough, personally I would tell them that "Collectively" you have taken legal advice that way no one gets the bullet for being a trouble maker

and if you on a disciplinery they can acompany you to that as well, shirty employers (In my experience) are less likely to be "shirty" when they know your gonna bring a union rep into their office,

not if you work in the public sector in a management position and are represented by Unison <_<

Start filling your bags up with stationary and tea bags <_<

he may be in the wrong but if you fight it as Mungler says take all you can before he gets rid of you. Ok you'll have a case for unfair dismissal but its a lot of stress and agro to go through.

Sorry chaps - that's dangerous advice - (though obviously Mungler is being his usual humerous self)

Companies that I have worked for in the past have prosecuted disgruntled ex-employees who have thieved from the stores

Play it straight - what does your contract say, if you have one, if you don't then the employer is in breach of the law.

Argue your case rationally with the free advice from the CAB (who I have always found to be pretty good and professional)

Never been in a union - but when I've been negotiating against them I found them to be well informed on employment law

Edited by amateur

Under the Working Time Regulations 1998, the national minimum annual holiday entitlement for all full time workers is currently 4 weeks (20 days for someone working a five day week) paid holiday per year, with a pro rata entitlement for part time workers. This figure does not take account of bank or public holidays as there is no statutory right to take time off on these days.

However, on the 1st October 2007, the Working Time (Amendment) Regulations 2007 will come into force to increase the minimum annual holiday entitlement to 4.8 weeks (24 days) per year for full time workers, with a pro rata increase for part time workers. There will be a further increase to 5.6 weeks (28 days) from the 1st April 2009, but the rules regarding time off on bank and public holidays will remain unchanged. The new Regulations will not affect employees who are already contractually entitled to time off for bank and public holidays, provided that certain specified conditions are satisfied.

The government’s original intention was to give all workers the legal right to take paid holiday on normal bank and public holidays in addition to the minimum four weeks paid holiday per year. However, it seems that this intention has now been abandoned, presumably to maintain flexibility for employers. It was also intended that the increase to 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year would come into force from April 2008, but this has now been postponed until April 2009. A payment in lieu of the additional holiday entitlement will be permitted until 1st April 2009 to give employers sufficient time to recruit and train enough staff to cover the additional holiday periods.

The new Regulations also lay down further rules as to how the increased entitlement arrangements will operate, including provisions allowing holiday over and above the “euro minimum” of four weeks per year to be “carried over” subject to agreement between the parties. Furthermore, part days’ holiday entitlement will not be rounded up to the nearest full day, as is currently the case.

Had a very similar problem to yours at work recently, can i strongly suggest that you contact ACAS, I have just had a very interesting chat with a gentleman there about another major problem that has arisen, they were extremely helpfull.

Contact number

08457 47 47 47

Mods, if it is not permissable to display this number please remove.

Well had it out with him tonight he says its his company doesnt give a fluck what the law says if we dont like it quit he is one total *** ed if we see anyone about it he will pack up as for contract of employmet it says 15 days plus bank holidays and he refused to sign anyones when we got them :sneaky2:

Don't forget the fire extinguishers and office first aid kit - often over looked kit that goes down well at boot sales :lol:

Also, on your last day fax the Company's telecoms provider and request the immediate termination of the telephone lines due to going with an alternative supplier, cancel the broadband and transfer ownership of the domain name to your Ukranian pen pal; don't forget you will need to pull of a good left handed signature of your boss.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this post and thread do not constitute advice.

Well had it out with him tonight he says its his company doesnt give a fluck what the law says if we dont like it quit he is one total *** ed if we see anyone about it he will pack up as for contract of employmet it says 15 days plus bank holidays and he refused to sign anyones when we got them :lol:

I got an almost identical reply on tueseday afternoon from my boss after being called to a meeting with him, he has told me he is going to take money from my wages (£200) for something which i haven't done, something that i have found out today is unlawfull, so i rang ACAS for advice and they have basically told me what i need to do if he goes ahead with it.

I have to wait until my wages go into my account in two weeks time and see if he has actually done it, put in a complaint in writing to him stating i want the money refunded in the next 14 days, and then if that does not happen, or he sacks me, then apply to an industrial tribunal.

TO SAY THAT I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY AT THE MOMENT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT :lol::sneaky2::lol:

He cannot take any monies from your wages without written permission!!

I also work for a ****** who has tried alsorts of stunts, ie non payment of bank holidays etc and the bloody list is too long it makes my blood is boil.

I am on salary so I can do 100 hours a week dont make a toss 12. 13, 14, 15 hour days Ive done it and all day Saturday and Sunday

11 years I have worked for him always promised the earth dont worry as managers we'll look after you, I had major double shoulder surgery on the 1st july, I got 1 month at half pay its a ******* joke and had more contact from the reps I deal with and customers that know me. and they never paid me for August bank holiday I cant claim it yet it will mess all my other benefit claims up.

I have a Barclays insurance for a loan what a ******* joke it cost me £17.00 for my doc to fill out a form for the insurance, they have then written to him direct and asked the same ******* questions it cost me another £17.00 I knew they going to write to him it said on the application but not the same questions for **** sake

Better stop Im ****** off

Alan

Edited by Alanl50

Don't forget the fire extinguishers and office first aid kit - often over looked kit that goes down well at boot sales :lol:

Also, on your last day fax the Company's telecoms provider and request the immediate termination of the telephone lines due to going with an alternative supplier, cancel the broadband and transfer ownership of the domain name to your Ukranian pen pal; don't forget you will need to pull of a good left handed signature of your boss.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this post and thread do not constitute advice.

LOL we aint got any fire extinguishers in the office and no first aid kits thats what else he good at breeching health & safety laws