Cleaning Beretta Barrels

Nicky T

Acquired my Beretta 682 Gold E M/C today and had an enjoyable round of Sporting at Dartford with it this morning.

Didn't get home until much later and didn't get round to cleaning the barrels until about 9 tonight, but whatever i do to them they can best be described as "streaky"; especially just infront of the chambers.

To the best of my knowledge i haven't done anything differently to how i used to clean my Browning by using a bore snake on them, then tissue/jag pushed/pulled through to clear out any excess oil.

Anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of these pesky streaks? :lol:

Also do bore snakes ever need to be cleaned or is it just a case of keep using them?

Edited by Nicky T

I think it is because of the oversize bores. I have a 682 E Gold and a Caesar Guerini. Both get the same streaks for about 6" just in front of the chamber. I use a new bronze brush and barrel cleaner. The old brush and boresnake are fine for the rest of the barrel, but don't exert enough pressure for the first six".

Nick, every now and again, I give mine a right good reaming with the wire jag thing :good:

If you just shove it up the barrel a few times, it doesn't do much, but if you give it a good long session, you'll notice that it does eventually get any deposits off. You need to be doing it till your arms are killing you. Needless to say, I only do this about once a year or so :lol:

Didn't get home until much later and didn't get round to cleaning the barrels until about 9 tonight, but whatever i do to them they can best be described as "streaky"; especially just infront of the chambers.

Anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of these pesky streaks? :lol:

Had simalar issue with mine, i used a chamber brush to remove the deposits. i think its plastic being left from the wads :good: cant be lead its still in the wad

Gunsmith and gun shop told me its plastic from the wadding - particularly hard to get off optima bore barrels like the AL391. Tetra makes a solvent which will dissolve anything, apparently designed to move plastic residues like this - :lol: a bit of this every so often and a wire bore brush or boresnake, and it moves the stuff quickly. :good: