SEAT FROM PAUL HART

hawkeye

I was over at Paul's just before xmas with Mag357 ( John) we were in the area and just popped in for a coffee.

While we were there Paul asked me to test a new seat he was having made when I asked why me he said I was the heaviest mate he had and if it took my weight it would take anyone, and would I use it and give a honest opinion.

I have a seat very similar that i have had for a couple of years now that was more expensive than Paul's..

Right getting to Paul's seat I have had it for a few weeks now and used it quite a bit, the only thing I don't like is its a little bit heavier than my other one.

The design is the same if you want to see a picture you will find one on his web site just google the pigeon shooter...

The good thing, I like the seat as it has a lot more padding on it so it is very comfortable, I was not so keen on the back rest at first it felt as though you were sitting to upright but after a while you don't notice it and it gets to be quite comfy especially with me having back trouble it actually helped a days pigeon shooting and no back ache after wards.

It is a very strong seat I had no problems with it and i'm over 20 stone even on wet fields setting up in the hedge back it only sank into the ground a couple of inches the cross bar seems to stop any more sinking.

It swivels OK and also has a pocket under the seat to put thing in ( cart's ...sandwiches ect )

You don't have to have the back up if you don't want to then you will have all round shooting..

It weight is 4.1 kg and folds up, and for carrying it has a strap to fit over your shoulder..

There is one thing for certain Paul is not getting this back I have got used to it and it is more comfortable than my other one...Cheers Paul I will class this as my xmas present.

Hawkeye,

If i might be slightly personal for a second - Roughly how chunky a monkey are you? I'm hovering just over 20 stone at the moment and don't want to get something that might not support my ample load!!!!

Response by PM to save your blushes would be most acceptable!!

See his first post.

My mate Hawkeye is 20+ stone, 6' + and a big fat sod.... :yes::whistling: if it will hold him it will hold anyone so must be good.. :good: . Tried the seat myself and very comfy, ideal for long days....but he made me give it back :sad1: . On the downside it is a bit heavier than regular seat.

By the way Mike...happy birthday you old *** have a good one... :yahoo:

My mate Hawkeye is 20+ stone, 6' + and a big fat sod....BUT YOU COULD NOT FIND A BETTER MATE TO HAVE :yes::whistling: if it will hold him it will hold anyone so must be good.. :good: . Tried the seat myself and very comfy, ideal for long days....but he made me give it back :sad1: . On the downside it is a bit heavier than regular seat.

By the way Mike...happy birthday you old *** have a good one... :yahoo:

Watch the lip you old ****** :sad1:

It looks exactly the same as the A1 decoys seat, which I notice they have now reduced by £10? I had the a1 decoys one and it was useless after 4 or 5 outings. The metalwork all bent out of shape and it was ruined... I'm only 12 stone and they refused to replace it. They now have a weight restriction in their advert. This one obviously can't be made of the same monkey metal if it holds 20 stone and the service sounds better too, might buy one myself :)

Edited by JBS

It looks exactly the same as the A1 decoys seat, which I notice they have now reduced by £10? I had the a1 decoys one and it was useless after 4 or 5 outings. The metalwork all bent out of shape and it was ruined... I'm only 12 stone and they refused to replace it. They now have a weight restriction in their advert. This one obviously can't be made of the same monkey metal if it holds 20 stone and the service sounds better too, might buy one myself :)

I had one from A1, exactly the same thing happened, the legs collapsed suddenly !!

Phoned and complained and they reluctantly admitted that they had received a few complaints but I could sendit back at my own expense andthey may/may not (at their discretion) replace it, Supposedly they had been onto the manufacturers and newer ones were being made with thicker walled tubing.

A1 Have had enough of my money far Im concerned :mad:

• 4 weeks later...