Archer night vision

dann boy

The Archer is a brilliant NV, no doubt, but there are other's available, at less cost. For example, the Cobra Merlin with DSA (day scope adaptor)

Like most add on NV's, the Cobra works best with a parallax adjustable scope, but will also work with a non 'pa' one. With the onboard IR illuminator, in good conditions, fox sized targets can be seen clearly at 120+yards. Add a better IR source, and you can increase this range to around 300 yards. I used one a few years ago with good results, and have now bought another one which will soon be put to good use.

I have got nm800 how do u get on with eye relieve do u have to put a longer butt pad or somthing on the end the z6 has got side pa but dose not have and ir cos didn't think u could put a add on nv onto a z6i

Dan

original post doesn't mention the Z6i just the Z6, I've pushed my scope ( leupold vx3 4-14x50 )as far forward as possible and to be really honest it doesn't bother me that much re eye relief etc.

Distant wise as said with the illumination you will see shootable fox size target's at over 200 easily.

Mind you saying that I missed a sitter last night at about 60yds if that. But shortly nobbled another at 75yds, just one of those things.

Dann I've got a Starlight Archer and I wouldn't be without it now!Using this NV has transformed my shooting so much.

Don't forget the Archer is Gen 3 so top of the range NV add on.

Ok it's not cheap but you pay for quality and this unit is Quality!

My other mate's "grasshopper" and "Eccles" on here use Archers and I'm sure they will echo what I have said.

You won't regret buying one bud.

ATVB.

+ 1

Just put my archer against a pulsar 750 with doubler, archer loads better.leupold vx111 with side focas is the scope.

Tested a cobra with ir laser not the best for foxing imo.

Your right Mark hence the Cobra is Gen 1 and the Archer Gen 3. Edited by bullet boy

I have got nm800 how do u get on with eye relieve do u have to put a longer butt pad or somthing on the end the z6 has got side pa but dose not have and ir cos didn't think u could put a add on nv onto a z6i

Dan

I just set the scope reasonably forward and have adapted over the years, shooting from the drivers seat of the truck I find it no issue but prone it does take a bit of getting used to. I've a Z6i and have made mine fit but it did involve a hacksaw on the scope adaptor!

thought about one last year and my outcome was !!!

If i was a keeper then yes

If i had a lot of lamp shy fox's then maybe

But i am not and don't so if i shot 2 lamp shy fox's a year they would of cost me almost £900 each

Just couldn't justify it myself so made Paul223 by one :whistling::lol:

Edit to add having looked through there A grade Archer you could spot fox out to 400 yrds with the firefly

Edited by magman

thought about one last year and my outcome was !!!

If i was a keeper then yes

If i had a lot of lamp shy fox's then maybe

But i am not and don't so if i shot 2 lamp shy fox's a year they would of cost me almost £900 each

Just couldn't justify it myself so made Paul223 by one :whistling::lol:

Edit to add having looked through there A grade Archer you could spot fox out to 400 yrds with the firefly

It's surprising how having one gets you a fair bit of shooting, I sort out lamp shy ones for a few people on ground I wouldn't otherwise shoot and really have as much foxing as I can do. That makes it even more of a bargain.

It's surprising how having one gets you a fair bit of shooting, I sort out lamp shy ones for a few people on ground I wouldn't otherwise shoot and really have as much foxing as I can do. That makes it even more of a bargain.

******** to that i have too much as it is and have the same trouble with friends asking for my knowledge not my equipment :P