Bullet Wallet

OK I got bored today waiting for a client, so when I saw a piece of leather I thought I'd have a go at making a bullet wallet.

Now I'm no leather worker thats for sure but fairly happy with this for an hours work.

Firstly I squared up the leather and cut it to size 4" by 12" guessed that should do fine.post-16198-0-34396100-1398951889_thumb.jpegpost-16198-0-28522800-1398952039_thumb.jpeg

I then marked out roughly where the bullets would sit, and marked a grid as I drilled the holes to save trying to push the needles through leather.

post-16198-0-70143000-1398952138_thumb.jpeg

I used some strong linen thread and double needles to sew on the elastic to hold the rounds.

post-16198-0-03930800-1398952258_thumb.jpeg

Kept going and added a second set of loops inn the same manner. I also drilled holes to add press studs.

post-16198-0-60444000-1398952374_thumb.jpeg

I sanded the comers on the disc sander to put a curve to them.

post-16198-0-42796500-1398953016_thumb.jpeg

The only thing left is to think about staining the leather or not

NEVER drill leather unless you are wearing a face mask - same applies to sanding leather

Leather dust is up there with asbestos in terms of risk; just not as well known about as not as widespread (exposure wise)

Good job

As you've used a darker thread, dye it so the leather is darker

Another option for hobbyists is dental floss - think of it as pre-waxed sewing cotton in a handy pocket pack

Only one *** moment: WHERE did you find the Barbour press studs? I used to have access to boxes of them back when I worked at a certain leather firm on the same trading estate as Barbour's

Well client turned up she was worth waiting to see!

Didn't know about the leather dust should have had a nap instead best take out life insurance then ;-)

I asked on here around 3-4 years ago as I had a Barbour bag with a bust stud he sent me a small bag of them ad a touch of class.

Not sure what type of stain to use got lots if wood stain not sure if it would work.

Edited by welshwarrior

NEVER drill leather unless you are wearing a face mask - same applies to sanding leather

Leather dust is up there with asbestos in terms of risk; just not as well known about as not as widespread (exposure wise)

Good job

As you've used a darker thread, dye it so the leather is darker

Another option for hobbyists is dental floss - think of it as pre-waxed sewing cotton in a handy pocket pack

Only one *** moment: WHERE did you find the Barbour press studs? I used to have access to boxes of them back when I worked at a certain leather firm on the same trading estate as Barbour's

Didn't know that but I did know about the high rate of cancer in leather workers and was once told by one it was the glues

shes had a look through her bits and pieces and she has dark brown but its leather paint not dye , im guessing that the oil based dye from saddler might be more suitable for your needs mate , but , if you want to give this stuff a try ill be in tamworth on sunday so we could meet up.