Shotgun silencer?

HunterFarmer

Guest cookoff013

i`ve seen one, it had been retro fitted then put in a gunrack to be sold, horrid looking thing. was basicly one big drainpipe.

check out hushpower

Horses get used to gunfire we have them, they diont flinch. as for frightening them they will be running up the other end of the padock away from the sound not fleeing in terror.

If they were trully scared they would be over the fence up the lane and gone tell him. :lol:

Its understandable you want to try and get on with him, as much as possible, but personaly i think he is trying it on.

As others have said, horses will get used to gunshots. I've even rested my 223 across a horse to shoot a fox.

I regularly shoot with an un-moderated shotgun in fields with horses in the field, or in the next field. None of the horses are at all bothered.

It's far more likely to be the owner getting stressed than the horses.

His expensive horses will get used to the noise as long as you aren't shooting right on top of them.

Have a look for a Hushpower Mossberg 500 pump, rather than trying to retrofit to a SxS.

Hushpower 20 pump just the job i use one on the ctows in pheasant pens the poults don't take any notice

Thanks are these guns expensive?

Thanks are these guns expensive?

Can usually pick them up sh for £400ish, new they are £600ish depending on source.

Subsonics or normal ammo can be used through them with not much difference in sound but drastically reduced compared to normal shotty.

I have one in 410 and sounds like an silenced 22 using high power ammo or silenced hmr.

Can usually pick them up sh for £400ish, new they are £600ish depending on source.

Subsonics or normal ammo can be used through them with not much difference in sound but drastically reduced compared to normal shotty.

I have one in 410 and sounds like an silenced 22 using high power ammo or silenced hmr.

Thanks I'm hoping to get a .22 so I would like something just to shoot a few crows around the house flying but something fairly quite