Worsley - Registered Shoot - 23rd Dec

If I understand it correctly - and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - but any site which offers registered shoots 'has' to allow plastic wads - it's invariably the 'straw bale' shooting grounds which often require fibre only.

You are correct about the rule but there are a couple of grounds that do registered shoots(although not many)which are fibre only;North Wolds is one of these.

I don't know why this is,bit strange really.

Kev

Edited by KevinClarke

There is a sign up that says fibre only however on 2 occasions I have purchased cartridges off them only to notice that they were plastic wad.....

sure I have seen the same sign somewhere down there, I shoot at a couple of grounds generally shoot fibre wads as they are accepted everywhere but thought it was only fibre at worsley, learn something every day

Worsley has been fibre wad for a very long time as part of the lease from Peel Holdings owners of the land. In the beginning it was never enforced and no mention of it at the ground. Peel holdings then had a change of staff and he picked up on the wad issue and was more proactive hence the signs went up and it was enforced by the ground or they risked losing the land.

There has been another change in staff at Peel and it's back to the way it was before, technically it's fibre wad but no one cares, it's not enforced and they do sell you plastic wads in the shop so use what you like.

Worsley has been fibre wad for a very long time as part of the lease from Peel Holdings owners of the land. In the beginning it was never enforced and no mention of it at the ground. Peel holdings then had a change of staff and he picked up on the wad issue and was more proactive hence the signs went up and it was enforced by the ground or they risked losing the land.

There has been another change in staff at Peel and it's back to the way it was before, technically it's fibre wad but no one cares, it's not enforced and they do sell you plastic wads in the shop so use what you like.

Thanks for that I have noticed that the shop sometimes provide plastic. I'll get plastic from now on save some £££.

• 2 weeks later...

Typical MCSC targets, plenty of edge on going away and crossers, a nice bird off the blue cherry picker that no one straightened, A few simo stands, notably the loppers which a few people seems to be having trouble with.

A few targets were wind affected high up, otherwise the weather was very kind to those who took part.

The targets weren't hard or silly, but they were the type that if you weren't giving 100% concentration you could easily miss.

Was won by Tim Webster with a 90, who then went to Catton and won with a 93, so probably not much difference in the level of hardness, going from the scores ?

I shot a 72, B Class was won with a 78, which is about what I should of shot.

I enjoyed it, some didn't.. Shame there wasn't some rabbits, but the ground was very wet so I doubt they would of run, the course will be left on over the Xmas break if anyone wants to try it out.

Most notable thing was I didn't have to do a 120+ mile round trip to shoot a registered comp, which is good in my book ! I'm looking forwards to the next one.

Results from yesterday:

• High Gun Tim Webster 90.
  • AA P Bailey 89, second B Clegg 88.
  • A Class D Fraser 84,
  • second equal G Ahmed and K Clarke 78.
  • B Class P Ibbotson 78, second J Hill 77.
  • C class J Pearce 74, second equal S Barber and B Marshall 63

Edited by Ian E