personal best.... how many kill with 1 cartridge

malkiserow

Hi,

Just got my personal best this afternoon inbetween showers, 3 rabbits with 1 cartridge :good:

I'm sure this is not that great and you guys have some interesting tales and high scores.... what other personal bests do you have with 1 cartridge?

cheers

Malk

6 bunnies with one .22 cal air arms field...................

it was a doe....................

Had 2 pigeons with one shot last week, one about 15 yards further out than the other, but they just lined up perfectly as they came in. Shot the first and pulled onto the second only for it to be falling out of the sky already. Sure it's not that unusual, but it made my day! :good:

About two years ago I had quite a strange day. I shot two pigeons with one shot. I continued on my way and shot two rabbits with one shot about 15 mins later and I finished off droping two cubs with one cartridge. I say it was strange because I can go a whole season and never shoot two creatures with the same shot. I hadn't even seen the second pigeon that droped to the first shot. I might add I shot a few other rabbits, and pigeons with single shots as well.

Dave

Have also shot 3 rabbits with one cartridge. However, I have also shot 2 rabbits with my .22 rimfire at about 80 yards. Didn't even see the second smaller rabbit behind the first. This does highlight the danger of the .22 and ensuring there is a back stop as not only did the bullet go right through the first rabbit it went all the way through the second as well.

On a separate note one of my farmers cut his first field of rape on Thursday. 26 pigeons on Friday and 19 yesterday. Didn't use the rotor but used the decoys, flapper and bouncers which brought them in nicely.

Out one day & a Pheasant lifted, bagged it with the first shot, & down it came. Went over & picked it up, lying under it was a Hare, the Pheasant had landed on top of it & knocked it out, & that's not all, underneath the Hare was 1/2lb of Mushrooms,

beat that one........................... :good:

On a more serious note, two Rab's with one bullet out the 22.

BJ.

7 Golden Plover with one shot, 2 x greylag a couple of times, 3 x teal once, 2 x teal several times, 2 x pintail once, 2 x wigeon twice, 2 x mallard twice, 2 x grey partridge several times (in the good 'ol days), 2 x woodpigeon several times.

All the above were from pairs or flocks of birds and all accidental, i.e no browning (okay I'll admit to flock shooting the goldies!).

Most unusual was a nice high right to left woodie when roosting, the shot also knocked down a nice even higher left to right crosser far behind it . Just like doubling up from the skeet towers but at a much greater range.

i have shot two pheasants with 1 shot two ducks with 1 shot and a pheasant and a partridge with 1 shot.

has anyone else heard of that English guy who shot two woodcock with one shot and he was a sculptor and made a sculpture of them both falling with it engraved: ' shot by a sculptor, sculptured by a sportsman.' or sommit like that. i think thats pretty amazing.

2 x rat with a .177 s200

2 x rat with the hmr

2 x rabbit with a .22 stealth

4 x rabbit with no.6's from the 12g

2 x rabbit with hmr

2 x woody with 12g

I had 2 magpies lined up the other day over a dead rabbit but there wasnt a safe backstop so i had to turn it down :rolleyes:

I've shot 2 rabbits with one 30g cartridge e few times but the best was 2 collared doves with one pellet from my S410 at about 20 yards. Both were sitting on the ground. I aimed at the closest one and fired, it went straight over and so did the second bird which was about 1 yard past the first and about a foot and a half to the left. To say I was well pleased would be an understatement !

Leeboy