Massive confidence boost.....

Killjoy

You bunch really need to get off your horse's, your like a bunch of sheep for crying out loud....

One says jump and the other dope's question how high...

Have you never looked through the sight at a potential target to identify it? Ive raised the rifle and looked through at rabbits before now to only see their actually hare's, now I would have had every intension of firing and killing a rabbit, but no intension of firing at and killing a hare??? or is that wrong too???

You really think id point a live rifle at a target, without the intension of firing? you bunch of jacked up fool's...... If you can compile some sort of proof, that a rifle with the safety catch on, aswell as the bolt drawn back (which generally means, there is no round in the chamber) can fire, im all ears, really... Unless the round spontaneously combusts, there is not much chance of the target getting accidentally "slotted" is there???

If I wanted to photograph the farmers dog with just my camera then I would have done so, but that doesn’t get the same feeling across without the cross hairs does it?

In response to harfordwmj....

Now were on the subject, If you recall, Ive mentioned in an older post that Ive spent some time looking and photographing Geese through the telescopic, but due to the fact that nobody else pointed it out in the context, im guessing you weren’t smart enough to put the 2 + 2 together??? Just a hunch!!!

I enjoy shooting, and I enjoy photographing things, if I can mix the two I will, but im not daft enough to do it dangerously...

You bunch really need to get off your horse's, your like a bunch of sheep for crying out loud....

One says jump and the other dope's question how high...

Have you never looked through the sight at a potential target to identify it? Ive raised the rifle and looked through at rabbits before now to only see their actually hare's, now I would have had every intension of firing and killing a rabbit, but no intension of firing at and killing a hare??? or is that wrong too???

You really think id point a live rifle at a target, without the intension of firing? you bunch of jacked up fool's...... If you can compile some sort of proof, that a rifle with the safety catch on, aswell as the bolt drawn back (which generally means, there is no round in the chamber) can fire, im all ears, really... Unless the round spontaneously combusts, there is not much chance of the target getting accidentally "slotted" is there???

If I wanted to photograph the farmers dog with just my camera then I would have done so, but that doesn’t get the same feeling across without the cross hairs does it?

In response to harfordwmj....

Now were on the subject, If you recall, Ive mentioned in an older post that Ive spent some time looking and photographing Geese through the telescopic, but due to the fact that nobody else pointed it out in the context, im guessing you weren’t smart enough to put the 2 + 2 together??? Just a hunch!!!

I enjoy shooting, and I enjoy photographing things, if I can mix the two I will, but im not daft enough to do it dangerously...

Nobody is on a high horse(health and safety wont allow high horses)but it is just common sense.Imagine what the farmer would think if he looked out the kitchen window to see you lining up his dog with your rifle :good: He would think you were a nutter and even when you explained it was for a photo,he would still think you were a nutter,so why are you suprised that some people think it's stupid to point rifles at dog's and the like.

Killjoy

If I were you chap I would just put my hands up and accept the rebukes and learn from your mistake. Regrettably you have made what is probably considered to be the cardinal sin of rifle shooting.

I would guess that it's not your fault in so much as you obviously have had no training from a club, relative or friend. Learn from the comments posted on here and why not think of getting yourself a little training by going out with someone with some experience who will be able to pass some of their knowledge on to you.

Charlie.

Killjoy

If I were you chap I would just put my hands up and accept the rebukes and learn from your mistake. Regrettably you have made what is probably considered to be the cardinal sin of rifle shooting.

I would guess that it's not your fault in so much as you obviously have had no training from a club, relative or friend. Learn from the comments posted on here and why not think of getting yourself a little training by going out with someone with some experience who will be able to pass some of their knowledge on to you.

Charlie.

Tally Ho!!!

Honestly from the bottom of my heart.... "IM SORRY!!!"

I hereby promiss never to observe a potencial target through my rifle.

I hereby promiss never to take a picture throught the sight of my "safe" rifle.

I hereby promiss never to post pictures or write-up's which are likely to antagonise the geek's who prowel to incriminate without knowing the details behind there comments....

AMEN!!!

So the dog was a "potential target" ?

Why not get yourself some binoculars instead of waving a rifle all over the place looking at "potential target's"

Okay....

So when you go to the gun shop, and mount a gun, does that mean the wall is a "Potential Target" and your going to blow a great big hole in it.... Grow Up!!!

Okay....

So when you go to the gun shop, and mount a gun, does that mean the wall is a "Potential Target" and your going to blow a great big hole in it.... Grow Up!!!

My god we do get some real ***** on here but we have just found this months winner.

If I were you I would go to specsavers, if you thought that a brownand mainly white dog was a potential target or could possibly have been a hare that turned out to be a rabbit.

My god we do get some real ***** on here but we have just found this months winner.

If I were you I would go to specsavers, if you thought that a brownand mainly white dog was a potential target or could possibly have been a hare that turned out to be a rabbit.

Its fine being a tough guy behind your monitor, it really is, and if you get a kick out of it, then good for you.... Just make sure it stays behind your monitor!!!

Where does it say in my text that the dog, was the Potential target.....:good:? smart ****, where does it say the rifle was loaded, and not being used to capture an image??? jack ****:good:

The fact that your rifle was loaded, unloaded or not is completely irrelevant. The fact that you pointed a gun at something that you were not permitted to shoot is bad enough.

Please don't come the tough guy routine, it is sad at the best of times. And only really goes to show that you are unfit to hold a firearm. Pointing that firearm at a dog only compounds that.

Also issuing threats on a pubilc forum is pretty dumb, but then that is quite fiiting for you isn't it.

Killjoy its just one of those things you don't do with a gun. I saw it and thought I'd added enough to the initial piece but it still left that oh gawd thought in my mind. Basically you only point guns as said at things you intend to shoot whether they are loaded or unloaded. Most of us are brought up with those rules and that way accidents can't happen. As soon as you start pointing them at things you don't intend to shoot you run the potential risk of something happening.

That said you've a new rifle enjoy it and get a trajectory chart for an HMR it'll help a lot compared to the one you're using at the moment, safety is the number one concern with firearms thats why people have jumped on you, its nothing personal but its not a hole you can dig yourself out of

The fact that your rifle was loaded, unloaded or not is completely irrelevant. The fact that you pointed a gun at something that you were not permitted to shoot is bad enough.

Please don't come the tough guy routine, it is sad at the best of times. And only really goes to show that you are unfit to hold a firearm. Pointing that firearm at a dog only compounds that.

Also issuing threats on a pubilc forum is pretty dumb, but then that is quite fiiting for you isn't it.

A. I didnt threaten you once, you have only gone to prove your childhood of the child that goes running to the teacher everytime there is a disagreement....

B. You are not permitted to shoot other than, at quary or zeroing, so avoid pointing your rifle, at tree's stone walls or anything else for that matter.... you're pathetic.... grow up man...

Listen!!!!

Im sorry for doing something which I took to be harmless extremely amateur photography, I understand the dont point at anything rule just as much as anyone else does, and I understand the reason behind it being purely safety orientated, i wont be doing it again....

Also MC, im sorry you took my post to be threatening, it honestly wasn’t my intension.

It gets a bit patronising, when all it seems people want to do it criticise for one reason or another...

Its fine being a tough guy behind your monitor, it really is, and if you get a kick out of it, then good for you.... Just make sure it stays behind your monitor!!!

Where does it say in my text that the dog, was the Potential target.....:good:? smart ****, where does it say the rifle was loaded, and not being used to capture an image??? jack ****:good:

Numpty alert,

Or is it just another moody account from a well known banned member?

HHMMMM, let me think.

I'm pathetic? have you looked in a mirror lately? Give your FEO a ring and show him your photo's. Then we will see who is pathetic.

By reacting to these posts you are only proving that you are unfit to hold a firearm and ever there was a case for compulsory mental health testing before then issue of an FAC you are most definetely it.

Have I run off to tell teacher? NO I haven't, I am perfectly capable of standing on my own two feet and dealing with idiots myself.

There is a big difference between pointing a rifle at a tree or stone wall while carrying it and actually aiming it at an object, which in your case happened to be a dog.

well ive had a few shotguns pointed at me in my time but not rifles, does this count as the same. :good:

that includes a few members off here. :good:

You have had someone deliberatly aim a shotgun at you ?

I can only think of one scenario where anybody should deliberatly "aim" a gun at anyone and that could be when a person is getting lessons of a shotgun instructer and the person giving the lesson would check the gun is empty and hand it to the pupil so he could aim at the instructer and he could check eye alignment.Other than that anyone deliberatly aiming a gun at anyone deserves the said gun removing from them and inserting in their backside.

:good::good::good:

personally i cant believe for 1 min that people have not done this at sometime looking through a scope at things.

I'm sure you're right. However no one would be stupid enough to point a gun at their dog.

I know you stressed it was unloaded, but that's no excuse. And the thing about aiming at trees, walls and concrete: they're to be aimed at for a reason, because if the gun goes off, the bullet will more than likely not injure someone. Hence why we point guns in safe directions... Living things die when shot, concrete, trees and walls don't.

I no you stressed that your gun was loaded and the safety was on but a lesson to teach your self would be find some one who has shot them selfs by accident and ask them if they assumed the gun was safe before the accident ? Assumptions kill and maim learn your lesson take the comments on the chin and learn by them, trust me you don't want to find out the hard way what a firearm accident feels like, buy some binoculars lad

As this is a public forum would it not be preferable to all to remove the said pics from the thread?

This is the type of image the antis love to get hold of...

Killjoy, all I can advice you one is think before posting any pictures that could upset / annoy other members its will save you a lot of hassle...