Im sorry if this is not the right thing to be putting on here if so pl

Sammy_D

Hey there everyone

My girlfriend of 7months told me today that she has chlamydia. She had the pills and is on the mend as to speak now. I have to take a wee sample and send it off. Now I was checked out by the clinic about 2 months or less ago and had the all clear.

She has been in and out of the clinc with problems with her ovarys and wired period problems that I dont quite understand.

My question is do you have to have sex with another infected person to catch chlamydia?

She tells me she hasnt slept with anyone else but im not to sure?

Please help me as this is driving me mad not knows whats what.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 25s can get a free, confidential chlamydia test through the National Chlamydia Screening Programme. People over 25 can visit their GP or a local GUM (genitourinary medicine) or sexual health clinic to arrange a test.

this is a bit confusing, im 25, so does that mean im too old to get a confidential test, but too old to go to my gp for a checkup?! :good:

and mrs as, i think being under them has caused this problem in the first place... :angry:

I think it's one of those STDs she could have caught a while ago and it can sit dormant and then flare up.

So, she may have caught it not on your watch so to speak, but yes, she didn't get it off a bus seat or a toilet seat - it's bump and grind transmitted.

Mind you, I think this one in question is one which is carried by men and sits dormant in men i.e. as a bloke you wouldn't know you had it. So, you may have given it to her, unless you were a Tony Virgo before you met her.

The quacks will give you an elephant's dose of antibiotics and tell you to get and stay gloved up for a while.

Talk to Vole or Evil Elvis - not because they are medical practitioners but because they are dirty boys who have been round the block and know what the inside of a clap clinic looks like :angry:

Edited by Mungler

I think it's one of those STDs she could have caught a while ago and it can sit dormant and then flare up.

'Fraid the incubation period is only 2-6 weeks (though very occasionaly can be longer).

The good news however is that she wouldn't have had to have had full blown rumpy pumpy to catch it :good:

A good nosh would pass it on too!! :angry:

There is no reason not to post this kind of thing on here. Like Mrs Sweepy said, there are some very informed people behind some of the usernames.

Neither is there any reason it will be pulled unless it turns into a fight, goes way off topic or gets swamped with childish comments :angry::good: .

ZB