Uk shootwarehouse adjustable bouncers

malkiserow

I've 2 of these and tried, in vain, to get this resolved by the nice lady who I spoke to at the company. She told me this does not happen. However it does to me! I did not get the promised other person to call me back :yes:

I often find the bouncers fall over and it seems to me that the ground spike is just too short. Often I have to bury the the little foot deep in the soil to get i to stop falling over. and but this, I mean the cross bar needs to be burried deep). If the ground spike was longer this would not happen. On non windy days this is not an issues but the for pigeon shooting windy days are what you need!

This problem is also with hyperflaps on not just with fat pigeons!

Anyone else had this problem and managed to get over it? :good:

I've 2 of these and tried, in vain, to get this resolved by the nice lady who I spoke to at the company. She told me this does not happen. However it does to me! I did not get the promised other person to call me back :lol:

I often find the bouncers fall over and it seems to me that the ground spike is just too short. Often I have to bury the the little foot deep in the soil to get i to stop falling over. and but this, I mean the cross bar needs to be burried deep). If the ground spike was longer this would not happen. On non windy days this is not an issues but the for pigeon shooting windy days are what you need!

Anyone else had this problem and managed to get over it? :yes:

Cant say I have mate,

I face the kick plate in the same direction that the bouncer is facing and press it as far into the ground as I can at a 45 degree angle, then fix the decoy on and extend the inner rod to suit, if that makes any sense :good:

I've 2 of these and tried, in vain, to get this resolved by the nice lady who I spoke to at the company. She told me this does not happen. However it does to me! I did not get the promised other person to call me back :lol:

Anyone else had this problem and managed to get over it? :lol:

I had the same problem so I welded on a 8" spike and it sorted it.

I also experienced trouble with the locking nut not securing when I used the bouncer at full length. The pigeons would flip over all the time because the plastic collet would wear out. I fixed this by making new ones out of plastic washing up bottles.

LB

• 2 weeks later...

If you do not have access to a welder, bang a piece of copper pipe into the ground first, that the foot of the bouncer will fit into. Use a long piece if you want the Pigeon up nice and high.

If you want to get really posh, flatten the end of the pipe in a vice or with a club hammer, so it is easier to push into the ground. I also use lengths of copper pipe to raise my flappers above the crop and my cradles too.

A vice and club hammer are really useful for fixing most things for shooting, the car, around the house though I do not recommend that you try to fix the computer with these items.

Ive been thinking about getting a couple of bouncers so that was quite interesting to read....

I was advised that nowadays because pigeon rotarys have been around a while birds are wisened to em. and bouncers can be more effective.... so ive been thinking bouncers befroe i buy a rotary. Do people agree?

Any other recomendations about bouncers or which bouncer to go for?

Ive been thinking about getting a couple of bouncers so that was quite interesting to read....

I was advised that nowadays because pigeon rotarys have been around a while birds are wisened to em. and bouncers can be more effective.... so ive been thinking bouncers befroe i buy a rotary. Do people agree?

I find some days the rotary doesn't work.......... other days the birds dive bomb at it !!! I will always take it with me and if its one of those days where it doesn't work, then I just pack it away :unsure:

As for recommendations for bouncers http://ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEON+DE...le+Bouncer.html

Iv had mine a few years now and still going strong :lol:

Edited by chrispti

• 2 weeks later...

I'm biased but I'd recommend one or two of these.

GH

chrispti

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:34 PM Post #13

Ace Pigeon Shooter

Group: Members

Member No.: 11306

QUOTE (Greenhunter @ Dec 22 2009, 04:35 PM)

I'm biased but I'd recommend one or two of these.

GH

Saving up for a pair after Christmas

--------------------

Its not the big armies that win battles its the good ones.

AirArms S510 .22 FOR SALE

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...st&p=899089 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

stormdog

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 08:40 PM Post #14

Newbie Pigeon Shooter

Group: Members

Member No.: 5361

Saving up?

Times MUST be hard, you can get a pair of these for only £45.00

If you check the link i would be surprised if greenhunters selling a pair for £45 :good: