While out ferreting????

Stealth Stalker

Out ferreting today & I found some very likely looking warrens which had old fertilizer bags stuffed down in the holes. Not all holes were blocked & there were signs of rabbits at home:hmm:

I've not come across this before & didn't feel happy entering the ferts, am I right in thinking the warrens might have been gassed?

If so why not all the holes blocked?

Could it be that the warrens were gassed years ago?

What thinks ye?

SS

New waste disposal rules, costs a fortune to get rid of waste plastic. Really it does.

When gassing holes it is necessary to block each hole as it is done with soil to stop the gas escaping, the fertiliser bags would only serve a purpose to make it difficult for the rabbits to dig their way out.

I have found that gassing is not a cost effective solution to rabbits as they quickly repopulate an area and reopen warrens after a few days or weeks.

Ferrets or a lead injection is the answer and IMO a nicer way to deal with them.

Best check with whoever is in charge of the land about it really.

:wacko: I reckon they were gassed a while back & new residents have opened up & moved in :good: Your theory has a major flaw, how would they be able to get out to run back in ???

I don't think the new tenant farmer knows anything about them as he's the one telling us to get out there after them.

SS

We have a new farm manager on one of my farms and he comes from Cambridge. He pushes all his old plasticbags down the holes as he say's The rabbits don't like the sound it makes when they try and dig it out and leave the bury. All I can say is the buries that he has attacked have no rabbits in them now.