eating squirrel

chandelierman

Anyone here eating squirrel? ( i have no intention of eating it myself ) but i was watching "come dine with me" on the TV and one of the contestants cooked a meal of squirrel in ale,"apparantly" they were trap caught and shot in the head,they came skinned and vaccum packed..looked a bit like a small skinned rabbit.

Anyone here eating squirrel? ( i have no intention of eating it myself ) but i was watching "come dine with me" on the TV and one of the contestants cooked a meal of squirrel in ale,"apparantly" they were trap caught and shot in the head,they came skinned and vaccum packed..looked a bit like a small skinned rabbit.

Try it, it's quiet nice. Very lean too (no fat!)

I eat Squirel on a regular basis.

Quite tough to skin but the meat is very tender and mild. I think they taste much better than a Rabbit.

I flatten them and then fry them for a few minutes each side. Yum, Yum. Mushrooms and Onions can be added to taste.

I took a freshly fried Squirrel round to one of my mates for him to try. In the end neither him nor his wife could bring themselves to take a bite.

His thirteen year old daughter whipped it out of my hand, took a bite, said mmmm luvverly, and wandered off down the street chomping it. :lol:

On a nice estate I shoot I have to leave all the Squirrels on the bonnet of the Rolls (seriously!) so the dogs can't get them. The owner prepares and freezes them until there's enough for a big meal then serves it up to all his friends when they come over for dinner! It must be ok!

Just like a small Rabbit, it's simple apart from the skin is pretty tough to get off and when they're done you wonder why you bothered!

I don't understand the "couldn't bring myself to eat it" thing? If it tastes nice then eat it? If you got to see what raw ingredients went in to some of the stuff people eat every day you'd probably starve!

Just like a small Rabbit, it's simple apart from the skin is pretty tough to get off and when they're done you wonder why you bothered!

I don't understand the "couldn't bring myself to eat it" thing? If it tastes nice then eat it? If you got to see what raw ingredients went in to some of the stuff people eat every day you'd probably starve!

urrgh!!!!!!!!!! pass the sick bag..........i don't watch TV programmes that show all the **** that is put into food ( sometimes it is best not to know ) i have eaten chicken and turkey but apart from the usuall thats about it.i have never eaten rabbit or duck,squirrel is definatley off of my menu :unsure: and i would never even contemplate a rat / any sort of penis/anus/widgety grub etc..........i think if push come to shove............................i'd starve to deaf :lol:

urrgh!!!!!!!!!! pass the sick bag..........i don't watch TV programmes that show all the **** that is put into food ( sometimes it is best not to know ) i have eaten chicken and turkey but apart from the usuall thats about it.i have never eaten rabbit or duck,squirrel is definatley off of my menu :lol: and i would never even contemplate a rat / any sort of penis/anus/widgety grub etc..........i think if push come to shove............................i'd starve to deaf :lol:

How interesting :unsure: I'd never before related hearing loss to severe malnutrition... :lol:

:lol:

urrgh!!!!!!!!!! pass the sick bag..........i don't watch TV programmes that show all the **** that is put into food ( sometimes it is best not to know ) i have eaten chicken and turkey but apart from the usuall thats about it.i have never eaten rabbit or duck,squirrel is definatley off of my menu :unsure: and i would never even contemplate a rat / any sort of penis/anus/widgety grub etc

Sheetah, grow some balls man - you sound like a wifey. Have you eaten anything that you shot?