Picked up New Rifle

nickcass23

S&M scope cost £400 but i stress it was not gonna go on this rifle, but the more I look through it i'm thinki what the hell its only money and £400 for a decent second hand scope is pretty good when the quality is at this level. I am well pleased, just remember threre are alot of air rifles that cost this much and you dont get a scope even at the £1000 mark.

Edited by nickcass23

Just got back from my permission, had a couple of hours at the targets. Zeroed in with just 10 rounds and spot on at 100yds. Also had a wander round but no rabbits out so no kills yet.Back out tomorrow or Monday so will hopefully have some pictures of my first kill.

Edited by nickcass23

Have you put a trigger kit on it yet? If you didn't know about them, I would invest in one pronto. :rolleyes:

I've just got myself a very similar rifle, and I was expecting the trigger to be dog awful, being used to a very nice air rifle trigger but was pleasently surprised, do CZ sometimes come with good triggers or was I just expecting the worst from what I've read?

What trigger kit would you recommend? At the minute I'll keep going with the standard one.

Thanks

Kyska

Anybody got advice on cleaning, you hear so many things, I was thinking of getting a boresnake and cleaning after every 100 rounds.

Any advice would be helpfull!!

Might be wrong, but advice from my gunsmith is to clean after every session, which I do and have no issues with accuracy, bore cleaner and rod until clean.

never clean your rimmie or hmr will cause you more hassle then its worth trying to get back to zero, they are better with the barrels fouled up a bit

With all due respect, I'm doing what my gunsmith has advised, and I've had no trouble with zero.

I bought a CZ 452 Varmint in 16" on the very same day (.17 hmr) and I'm getting just the same varying advice on cleaning. Some say clean each time you use it, others never clean it, still others say clean it every few hundred rounds with a bore snake but don't use a rod - it seems everyone has their own way (no surprise there really).

Great little rifles, I christened mine a day later on a very foggy night. Not many rabbits about at the moment though, I think the endless wet weather and falling temperatures have seen them snuggled away in their burrows. Roll on spring!

I've heard its worth using the rifle for a while before fitting the trigger kit to let everything settle down and wear in - again I haven't a clue whether that's great advice or to get stuck in with the trigger kit immediately?

Edited by mick miller