tarpaulin on ground before snow falls?

Ozzy Fudd

i remembered seeing this last year on here, someone said that if you lay a tarpaulin on the ground before the snow falls, then lift it after the snow has fell, you'll get an area of snow free grass that the birds will flock to. does it actually work?

i might do it this weekend before the snow falls here (if we get it) :rolleyes:

i remembered seeing this last year on here, someone said that if you lay a tarpaulin on the ground before the snow falls, then lift it after the snow has fell, you'll get an area of snow free grass that the birds will flock to. does it actually work?

i might do it this weekend before the snow falls here (if we get it) :good:

Let us know how you get on :o It's all down to you now :rolleyes:

Let us know how you get on :hmm: It's all down to you now :rolleyes:

:no: ive decided to take tackle this situation in a supervisory role to facilitate the overall organisation and implementation of the general excercise - meaning i just texted richie and told him to get his finger out before the snow hits - im not going outside, firstly its bloody cold, secondly im having a drink!! B) :lol:

cheers for that pc, we might try the camo nets too :o

ill let everyone know how it goes, but im not sure how likely its going to be though, as the only way ill actually get out is if i get snowed in and cant make it to work :good:

maybe a few other lads could do the same and post the results? ???

well we had a good dusting of snow here, spoke to richie on the phone, the tarpaulins out from last night, cant do any shooting today as its sunday but he says the crows are hitting any bare patch of grass they can find, hasnt seen any pigeons yet though. fingers crossed i get snowed in, otherwise itll be up to him to have a few shots tomorrow (lucky ******* is off work now!)

I posted the topic last year, like everything else if you get it right it works......i nabbed a load of D.P.M. (Viscreen) plastic sheet to you and me from a skip on a building site in the late autumn..i knew the fields i was going to shoot over that year and i knew the crops that were going to be planted, so i rolled the sheet up and stowed it in the ditch near to where i was going to set up that winter.....i watched the weather forcast (thats like pigeon shooting...very hit and miss !) until they lied about the hard frost and powder snow and that aternoon i went out with my mate and pulled the sheet over the mangolds ( sheep grub) pegged it down and went home.

sure enough the next morning everywhere was white, so off we went back to the mangolds , set up and pulled the sheet off and chucked a rake of deeks out higgeled piggle where the sheet was which by this time was green as green amonst the surrounding countyside and it acted like a becon to the local and passing pigeons.

If you get it right it works...but it works best when all the other feedin areas are denied to the birds.

let us know how you get on

ditchman

quick update, ive been unfortunate enough not to be snowed in, so ive had to go to work the last 2 days :rolleyes: but richie tried out the tarp and it seemed to be working. havnt had a proper talk to him about it yet to see what he managed to shoot (all i kept hearing on the phone was "sun shining off snow/new carts/crows moving fast" sorta stuff :good:) but the general idea seems to work anyway :good: