How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Me and Timps went to Kingsley Moor today for the Cheshire Championship registered beanfeast.

I thought it was a good shoot, with some screaming fast stuff :lol:

Bumped into a few PW chaps or ex-PW chaps there.

Scores on the doors out of 98, as there was a cockup on the number of pairs on one of the stands :good: :

Chard - 83 :good: Leading B Class (and A Class) when we left :lol: Shock & awe, how does he do it? :P

Mr Potter - 82 :oops:

Son of Potter - 82 :lol:

Timps - 69 :hmm:

Saw Ron and Salopian there, but don't know what they got

Edited by Chard

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the new gun for a test drive at Rufforth for 100 A/R today and managed 23/25 DTL, 22/25 ABT, 24/25 ESK and........17/25 ESP :lol: to finish on 86 :good: Love the gun but the longer barrels are going to take a little getting used to :good:

Fair do, Trotsky :oops:

Are you shooting the North of En-ger-land ESP thingey at Rufforth next Sunday? :lol:

Spoilt for choice next weekend - Rufforth, Shugborough and Kegworth :lol::hmm:

Edited by Chard

Me and Timps went to Kingsley Moor today for the Cheshire Championship registered beanfeast.

Scores on the doors out of 98, as there was a cockup on the number of pairs on one of the stands :good: :

Chard - 83 :good: Leading B Class (and A Class) when we left :hmm: Shock & awe, how does he do it? :P

Timps - 69 :P

Well shot indeed - out scoring both Potters is no easy task :lol:

Finished my day off at Askrigg , :good: I didn't shoot well, 12ex30, but there were 16 driven birds " my nightmare", which i only managed to hit 3 of :oops: .I did win the ladies overall high gun prize, which consisted of a cobbled together chunk of wood with handwritten writing on, and a bottle of wine. They are still looking for the original trophy which i also won last year, and never saw. :good: I have to say that i find these shoots have a magic element that is really enjoyable and i wouldn't miss them for the world. :lol: So a good day all round.from Auntie :lol:

Chard - 83 :good: Leading B Class (and A Class) when we left :lol: Shock & awe, how does he do it? :P

Nice going chaps - looks like Chard's in A class the end of the year

poxy 93/100 on skeet today - even dropped 2 high 1's. Don't seem to be able to focus lately

I thought it was a good shoot, with some screaming fast stuff :hmm:

Chard - 83 :lol: Leading B Class (and A Class) when we left :P Shock & awe, how does he do it? :P

Mr Potter - 82 :lol:

Well shot Chard, I made the boy start to walk home due to the shame of it :o :/ :o :/ .

How on earth can a well established ground that shoots twice a month get the number of targets wrong, with 13 stands and 100 birds its not exactly rocket science is it, 11 stands with 4 pair = 88 and just two stands with 3 pairs = 12, 88 + 12 = 100 simples. :P:yes: Handed card in with 18 birds away and idiot brain (i.e. mine) expected to see 82 x 98 and started to query the woman on the desk when she chalked up an 80 when brain luckily switched itself back on and realised that 98 - 18 = 80, so thats what will appear in the averages (works out to 81.63%).

I thought it was a good shoot, deceptive as most people I spoke to thought they had shot quite badly and that was reflected in the scores. We will see when the results are out but I'll be very surprised if Chard's score is beaten in B class.

Till next week when no doubt I'll cock some more stands up :hmm::good::hmm::oops::hmm:

Mr Potter

How did the Leadbrook Hall contingent get on, the public should know???

Well shot Chard, I made the boy start to walk home due to the shame of it :hmm::P :o :/ .

How on earth can a well established ground that shoots twice a month get the number of targets wrong, with 13 stands and 100 birds its not exactly rocket science is it, 11 stands with 4 pair = 88 and just two stands with 3 pairs = 12, 88 + 12 = 100 simples. :lol::lol: Handed card in with 18 birds away and idiot brain (i.e. mine) expected to see 82 x 98 and started to query the woman on the desk when she chalked up an 80 when brain luckily switched itself back on and realised that 98 - 18 = 80, so thats what will appear in the averages (works out to 81.63%).

I thought it was a good shoot, deceptive as most people I spoke to thought they had shot quite badly and that was reflected in the scores. We will see when the results are out but I'll be very surprised if Chard's score is beaten in B class.

Till next week when no doubt I'll cock some more stands up :lol::good::hmm::good::P

Mr Potter

But what cracked me up was that they had it right at first. I actually shot 100 birds. I was the last person to shoot 4 pairs on that stand, then some bloke came along, ticked the ref off and said that he'd told him it was only 3 pairs and why was he doing 4 pairs? :yes::hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

It turns out that it should have been 4 pairs all along. :oops:

Anyhow, they knocked off the last pair on that stand for all of us who shot it as 4 pairs. I actually missed one of the last pair, so I went from 84/100 to 83/98 :o

I saw two instances there of refs/ground staff being ticked off by the bosses, in front of a load of shooters. Not very professional, that :P

:lol:

Myself 55 :oops:

themissus 26 well done, first 100 birder, first mini + midi + battue + flying rabbit :good:

Magman 74, well shot rob

Maglad 63 super jay :good:

seen IanE but don't know how he got on :lol:

You should have come along anni :lol: good cup of tea

Myself 55 :lol:

themissus 26 well done, first 100 birder, first mini + midi + battue + flying rabbit :good:

Magman 74, well shot rob

seen IanE but don't know how he got on :hmm:

Good stuff, chaps, especially the Jaybird. :oops: Going to have to watch that one :P

Myself 55 :oops:

Magman 74, well shot rob

seen IanE but don't know how he got on :P

Wish i never shot 1/2 1/2 now :lol: still nice to see the front edge missing on a few :hmm: who was it that said you always miss behind :yes:

Jay shot well considering he now has a comb raiser on his stock :hmm: yes B it finally sank in :hmm:

Paul tell themissus she done well as she was shaking like a leaf :P

Paul tell themissus she done well as she was shaking like a leaf :good:

she always starts off like that :oops::lol:

amanda says thanks for the support and it was nice to meet you both :good:

thinking of doing flint just the two of us next week :lol: , no not you and me, me and the missus :lol:

Nice going chaps - looks like Chard's in A class the end of the year

poxy 93/100 on skeet today - even dropped 2 high 1's. Don't seem to be able to focus lately

Well shot chaps and chapesses, juniors etc!

Well shot Bigweed, missing high 1 irritates me beyond belief, one of the easiest to smoke along with L7 but 93 is good going :good: ours were high and left with the wind and changeable.

I shot a 22 at skeet and H1 cost me the first bird and the repeat :good: then a 22ex24 at doubles, quiet day and had planned to shoot more :oops:

Jon.

she always starts off like that :oops::lol:

amanda says thanks for the support and it was nice to meet you both :good:

thinking of doing flint just the two of us next week :hmm: , no not you and me, me and the missus :lol:

Arh shucks thought she meant me and her :lol:

Nice to meet Amanda today it will come with time and money :good: