How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

:yes: Rangey stuff, eh? We'll have to give that a go.

Good day out at the Promatic beanfeast at Kegworth today. Very good shoot, if you like loopers :hmm:

Scores on the doors :

Azzurri - 87 Fantastic shooting again, chap :lol:

Mr Potter - 81 :lol: Good stuff

Chard - 75 :hmm: better than yesterday, at least.

Timps - 75 :good: Copycat

Anni 55 :hmm: Not a looper fan :lol:

I had a really duff start, then started shooting a lot better but the damage was done.

I hit some stonking difficult stuff, but missed too many bread and butter clays :good:

Had a nice chat with Azzurri, top bloke. That's what I like about clay shooting, everybody seems to know everybody ;)

Nicely done chaps :good:

Bad back on the mend then Chard :o

Glad to see that Anni is alive :good:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto Mag 66 I think, I just couldn't get going the only stand i straightened, everyone else was having trouble with, the fast crosser and the incoming looper on the feild, all bread and butter stuff there today, yet again made a mess of it. :good:

Thought the rabbit was the best rabbit ive ever shot though :good: be good if they keep that on :hmm:

Chard,

I think a dark horse could have shot that looper better than me today :good: but it was a good shoot with a good mix of targets.

Nice to put a face to the name :good: If it was another 10 yards further it would have broken :lol::lol:;)

Azzurri

Good to meet you today, and well shot.

I managed 2 out of 4 of those nutter ****** things in the car park. Didn't that want some lead? :good::yes::hmm: :hmm:

Trouble was though, that I was so shocked to see the first one break, that I missed the easy going away thing :hmm:

I don't think I've ever shot that far in front of a clay :good: It was like shooting empty sky :lol:

Edited by Chard

Timps - 75 :hmm: Copycat

Matching tops & matching scores people will talk about us :good::lol:.....

Started off well and finished well just a shame about the middle 3 traps, my excuse was I wanted a wee real bad on those stands :lol: .....

The car park stand was just unbelievable I could not get my head round the amount of lead I had given it and it broke, I was very happy with 6 on that stand.

Overall a good day out with some nice targets :good:

Good to meet you today, and well shot.

I managed 2 out of 4 of those nutter ****** things in the car park. Didn't that want some lead? :lol:;):good: :good:

Trouble was though, that I was so shocked to see the first one break, that I missed the easy going away thing :hmm:

I don't think I've ever shot that far in front of a clay :lol: It was like shooting empty sky :yes:

That wanted some.... :good:

I once shot at a few clays off that tower at Roundwood back in the day, that was like shooting empty sky, couldn't believe it when a couple broke!! I think B would have good memories of that place :good:

Azzurri

I once shot at a few clays off that tower at Roundwood back in the day, that was like shooting empty sky, couldn't believe it when a couple broke!! I think B would have good memories of that place :blink:

Azzurri

its not a target you are likely to forget is it. the manc mob will not have seen anything half that height yet as you dont get many nowadays from what ive seen.

mind boggling :stupid:

I've just checked out Roundwood's site,the place looks just like it used to..... Brilliant !!

Just corporate and tuition now by the look of it, shame really.

Does anyone know anything different ?

Azzurri.

Cat would probably know, he mentioned Roundwood in an old thread a year or two back - HERE. He didn't mention that you couldn't go there and just shoot a round.

I must say it doesn't look as though you can on their website though :good:

I fancy a go at that tower, I reckon I could hit them, it's the close stuff I can't hit :lol:

74/100 at Longridge today for me. A very diverse mix of targets with some nice rangey intermingled; Chard would have loved it :D

Very enjoyable day out; beautiful ground/setting, pleasant and friendly staff and glorious sunshine :good:

Well worth the trip out and will definitely be on the calendar again :hmm:

keep going Nicky :lol:

if you want rangey make sure you go to his extreme shoots, your see 20+ft of lead on some stuff.

i blew it, dropped 4 floppers on the stand in the field round the back and finished on 91, 92 won the shoot :lol:

keep going Nicky :D

if you want rangey make sure you go to his extreme shoots, your see 20+ft of lead on some stuff.

i blew it, dropped 4 floppers on the stand in the field round the back and finished on 91, 92 won the shoot :lol:

If i can get the better of his "normal" shoots i might venture onto the extreme ones in the future :hmm:

91 was a cracking effort - the floppers didn't pose me a problem but i made a poorish choice of stand to start on picking stand 4 :good:

If i can get the better of his "normal" shoots i might venture onto the extreme ones in the future :hmm:

91 was a cracking effort - the floppers didn't pose me a problem but i made a poorish choice of stand to start on picking stand 4 :good:

yes maybe not the best place to start :D

sometimes worth having a little walk about and try to get a couple of easier stands under your belt.

i did 3,4,5 etc then back round to 2 and 1, stupidly missed most of my targets on the 3 stands furthest from car park (1 driven, 4 floppy crossers and 1 going away).