How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have to put up with all this abuse :)

I'm going over to Claysporting to discuss sexual deviance and other relevant topics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get a better class of abuse over there - AAA Class :hmm:

Oh be jesus ;) he's put in a few good scores and its all claysporting this claysporting that.

Last I heard he was getting an entourage together :yes:

Soon as hit gets the big 9 0 he's going to **** us right off.......................it's what I'm gona do :lol:

Oh be jesus ;) he's put in a few good scores and its all claysporting this claysporting that.

Last I heard he was getting an entourage together :lol:

Soon as hit gets the big 9 0 he's going to **** us right off.......................it's what I'm gona do :lol:

I've certainly become more of a **** since I stuck a few 90's in! :lol::):yes::hmm:

If you notice Chard hes A* were as Iam C* you don't get the classification until you have requested it, maybe Nick could put me right but the * means its a temporary classification which you can request after you have shot 3 reg'ed shoots, thats how I got my temporary classification.

I will be pointing it out to Martain Mann, it's up to him weather he wants to do anything about it, Mr Boyd must be pretty hard up if he has to make up a classification for a shoot at Catton.

Yes Mr Potter, I also enjoy shooting there, sadly the above problem demonstrates how poorly the scoring and administrative side of the business is run, Catton has rejoined the CPSA so they could quickly check on the day if they gave a flying ****, ho hum I guess I will just have to take this one on the chin and carry on.

Ian E,

I've done a bit more detective work (as Chard has done) using the cpsd website, you can find it via a link on the home page of the Cheshire CPSA website and I think we might be being a bit harsh on Mr Boyd.

As Chard pointed out he hasn't got an official classification yet, it is presumably his first year either as a CPSA member or his first year shooting registered comps and I have to admit I hadn't heard of being able to apply for a temporary classification after three shoots, I thought you had to wait the full 12 months.

His scores to date prior to his result at Catton on Sunday are hardly remarkable, after 1320 targets he has a raw average of 69.7 and an adjusted average of 70.9 (they are unlikely to change as the end of the current period is this Saturday). He will end up in B class from the 1st of June, the current cut-off points for B class are 69.7 to 74.6 so he's still closer to C than he is to A class.

When he enters CPSA registered shoots he either enters birds only or is classified on the day. I haven't looked the CPSA rules up on this but I've always understood that the way it should be done is that the ground secretly nominates 3 or 4 stands and works out your average on those stands after you've handed your card in. That average is compared against the current classifications and hey presto you've got your classification on the day. Now being brutally honest even when Catton is registered again can you see them going through that rigmarole cos I can't.

So to get back to Mr Boyd, I don't think he was totally out of order when, in his first year of competitions at an un-registered shoot with scores to-date that are hovering around the C/B class margins he enters in C class. When he then shoots a score that is 16 birds above his average, well thats a very good day for him, if it had been a registered shoot you would have every right to be aggrieved and both Catton and the CPSA should have had a letter or e-mail of complaint. The CPSA might have been interested but much as I really like Catton's owners, I don't think they would see what the fuss was about they've never held much regard for the niceties of the CPSA's rules and regulations in the past (with some justification in some cases).

Thats my two pennies worth

Mr (Hercule) Potter

Right, I'm back now. That should whip 'em up into a frenzy of outraged indignation :)

90? Pah ;) I'll be hitting 98 on a regular basis by this time next week.

I'll be starting my own forum. "No Riff-Raaaaarf.com"

Only AAAA shots permitted to join. Then I can sit there and discuss sexual deviance with myself all night, without torrents of abuse. Just self-abuse :yes:

Edited by Chard

Llandegla results on CPSA site here

I'm going to calculate my average. Anybody know when they announce the new cut-off percentages? :oops:

1st of June for the new classes. Although you can usually find out a few days before from those in the know... :yes:

Just had a look on CPSD and I could be going back into AA for skeet....**** :hmm:

1st of June for the new classes. Although you can usually find out a few days before from those in the know... :yes:

Just had a look on CPSD and I could be going back into AA for skeet....**** :hmm:

That's because you keep shooting 100 straights, Tetley :oops:

PVODNIKR1teabag29k.jpg

Edited by Chard

100 straight .... I wish I could hit 10 straight ..... lol

Went to Cluny clay club today trying to put all I have read and into practice and it didnt work that well. I think I need book myself a lesson soon.

They altered the targets around again since my last visit " so we wont get bored" .... just as I was getting used to the ones that were there. ah well theres always a next time.

Must say I still enjoyed it. Regards and happy shooting.