How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Llandegla results are on their site now.

I won B Class there as well, oh how we laaaaarfed. :good:

Very low entry, not surprising after the other two shoots they've held.

I hope word gets about that they've simmered them down a bit, because this was a good shoot and if they're going to do them like this in future,

they deserve to get the entries. :yes:

I will certainly do the next one :yes:

Not too shabby a day for you then Chard - well shot sir :rolleyes:

Llandegla yesterday was a cracking shoot; sensible yet testing targets but everything was hittable proving you kept your head on. I'll definitely be going back to Llandegla :P

:hmm::hmm: There appeares to be a lot of sandbagging going on by some of my esteemed friends on here :rolleyes: Look, come and be brave?, come and shoot the English open All Round at Nottingham! :good: Or go along on the Sunday and shoot the British Open A/Round.... That will sort you B*****S out who can really shoot there class! :yes: Bad suggestion on my part, you are probally sandbagging your classes in that as well? Oh well at least me and young Paulos will shoot our true classes!! :P:yes:

:hmm::lol: There appeares to be a lot of sandbagging going on by some of my esteemed friends on here :P Look, come and be brave?, come and shoot the English open All Round at Nottingham! :good: Or go along on the Sunday and shoot the British Open A/Round.... That will sort you B*****S out who can really shoot there class! :yes: Bad suggestion on my part, you are probally sandbagging your classes in that as well? Oh well at least me and young Paulos will shoot our true classes!! :yes::hmm:

shoot our classes?? I should hope not or I'll be winning buggerall!!! I'll need a 90+ or I'll be well out of it. :rolleyes:

How very odd I can't seem to find Mr Boyd's classification on the CPSA web site..

Hmm if it's the same guy that did Llandegla, hes in A Class

You're a bit unfortunate with Mr Boyd. He's still unclassified. He has about 12 registered scores under his belt, dating back nearly 6 months, so still within this classification period. He will get a classification once this period ends at the end of this month.

However, I happen to know that when Catton Hall ask your class for a competition, the spirit of the thing is that you classify yourself based on how you have been shooting, i.e. you base it on your "usual score", if you don't have an official classification. Looking at his results, he certainly isn't shooting C Class scores, definitely B Class at least. :good:

This system of Catton's is a bit sloppy and open to abuse, and I doubt that much can be done, as there can't be an official rule about this, I wouldn't have thought.

Bit naff though. Yar boo sucks to Mr Boyd, hope you choke on it :yes:

Registered shoots have a system for classifying you on the day, based on a random selection of stands that you shoot and the scores you attain on them. Catton don't operate this system though, as these are not registered shoots.

Edited by Chard

How very odd I can't seem to find Mr Boyd's classification on the CPSA web site..

Hmm if it's the same guy that did Llandegla, hes in A Class

Just remember Ian that Catton is an Open shoot. They are asking for peoples class and are relying on their honesty to provide their CPSA classification. If one is being charitable one would assume all CPSA members would give their current classification, for the non CPSA members (and there are usually quite a lot of them at Catton) they should go Birds Only but there is nothing stopping them from either inventing a class or giving the class they had at the last straw baler or local league shoot, and suprise suprise those guys are nearly always in C class (the really good ones are sometimes shamed into B class).

The ground doesn't care, the bigger the pot the better and to be fair Catton usually has a disproportionatly hign number of Birds Only entries.

With all it's faults I still rate the ground highly, they usually put a reasonable mixture of targets on, its got long opening hours, 14 stands and still the cheapest around to enter. :good::yes::rolleyes:

Mr P

You're a bit unfortunate with Mr Boyd. He's still unclassified. He has about 12 registered scores under his belt, dating back nearly 6 months, so still within this classification period. He will get a classification once this period ends at the end of this month.

However, I happen to know that when Catton Hall ask your class for a competition, the spirit of the thing is that you classify yourself based on how you have been shooting, i.e. you base it on your "usual score", if you don't have an official classification. Looking at his results, he certainly isn't shooting C Class scores, definitely B Class at least. :good:

This system of Catton's is a bit sloppy and open to abuse, and I doubt that much can be done, as there can't be an official rule about this, I wouldn't have thought.

Bit naff though. Yar boo sucks to Mr Boyd, hope you choke on it :yes:

Registered shoots have a system for classifying you on the day, based on a random selection of stands that you shoot and the scores you attain on them. Catton don't operate this system though, as these are not registered shoots.

If you notice Chard hes A* were as Iam C* you don't get the classification until you have requested it, maybe Nick could put me right but the * means its a temporary classification which you can request after you have shot 3 reg'ed shoots, thats how I got my temporary classification.

I will be pointing it out to Martain Mann, it's up to him weather he wants to do anything about it, Mr Boyd must be pretty hard up if he has to make up a classification for a shoot at Catton.

Yes Mr Potter, I also enjoy shooting there, sadly the above problem demonstrates how poorly the scoring and administrative side of the business is run, Catton has rejoined the CPSA so they could quickly check on the day if they gave a flying ****, ho hum I guess I will just have to take this one on the chin and carry on.

Edited by Ian E

If you notice Chard hes A* were as Iam C* you don't get the classification until you have requested it, maybe Nick could put me right but the * means its a temporary classification which you can request after you have shot 3 reg'ed shoots, thats how I got my temporary classification.

I will be pointing it out to Martain Mann, it's up to him weather he wants to do anything about it, Mr Boyd must be pretty hard up if he has to make up a classification for a shoot at Catton.

Yes Mr Potter, I also enjoy shooting there, sadly the above problem demonstrates how poorly the scoring and administrative side of the business is run, Catton has rejoined the CPSA so they could quickly check on the day if they gave a flying ****, ho hum I guess I will just have to take this one on the chin and carry on.

I think the A* or C* that you see on Llandegla score sheets might mean that, as you are unclassified, your class for that shoot has been decided by the random selection of stands method. That's the proper way of doing it in CPSA registered shoots. You (and Mr Boyd) don't appear to have any official classification yet, temporary or otherwise, as it doesn't show on the CPSA site under "classifications". Now that you have 3 shoots or more, you could phone them and they will give you an official classification, but no point now as we are nearly at the end of the classification period anyway, so you'll get one now.

You CAN request a temporary classification after 3 shoots, but you don't have to. You can just wait till the end of the 6 month classification period, which he has chosen to do.

If you click on any of the dozen or so registered shoots that show against his name on the CPSA site, to see the full result of each shoot, then go down the results to find his name, you will see that there is no classification allocated to him on these shoots, it's just blank.

Edited by Chard

I think the A* or C* that you see on Llandegla score sheets might mean that, as you are unclassified, your class for that shoot has been decided by the random selection of stands method. That's the proper way of doing it in CPSA registered shoots. You (and Mr Boyd) don't appear to have any official classification yet, temporary or otherwise, as it doesn't show on the CPSA site under "classifications". Now that you have 3 shoots or more, you could phone them and they will give you an official classification, but no point now as we are nearly at the end of the classification period anyway, so you'll get one now.

Correct :good:

Lets see what Class hes in on the 5th of May if he shoots Catton :)

He'll still be unclassified, as the CPSA won't announce the new classes till 1st June. There's always a month "in limbo" after the end of the classification period (30th April).

This means that, on 5th May, Catton will ask him what class he is and he'll probably say C Class ;)