How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Me and Anni went to Kegworth today, joined later by Timps and we met the Catmeister there and had a very enjoyable round.

Nothing silly, but a few testing ones that made you think.

Scores on the doors :

Catamong - 85. Well shot, Sir :good:

Chard - 77. Shaky start :rolleyes:

Anni - 68. :hmm:

Timps - Hasn't finished yet ???

Many thanks to Cat for the tips and advice.

Not many people get the chance to shoot in company like that. Hope you shoot well at Nutroast or wherever you were going on the way home, Cat :lol:??? ???

Nutroast, Newbold, Newmould, can't remember :yes:

Good day out. I think I'm still a bit knackered from the Classic :yes:

Another victim of the Manc Mafia Crazy Gang. Beretta, Paulos, Aunty, Mr Potter, JKO and now Catamong, their shooting never recovers from the shock and awe of

shooting against us :yes:

Judging by my score card I still dont think i finished even now lol I ended up with a 72 :yes:

Thanks to Catamong for the tip on the midi it worked a treat :yes:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by my score card I still dont think i finished even now lol I ended up with a 72 :yes:

Thanks to Catamong for the tip on the midi it worked a treat :yes:

Sorry we had to **** off mate, it was all for nothing as it turned out.

I thought Anni said that he wanted to go and shoot the NOE Sport trap afterwards, but apparently he meant he wished he had gone to shoot it instead of Kegworth :rolleyes:

So we went home instead :good:

What happened to you? You were building a good card when we left. You must have made a harris of something :yes:

Did you see what was winning B Class when you left?

And that midi was a mini :yes: :yes: :hmm::lol:??? ???

Edited by Chard

100 registered Sportrap today at NoE so there was definitely no more hill walking for me :rolleyes::yes::yes: Shot an 87 which I was reasonably pleased with. Again, of the 13 I missed at least 6 or 7 of those were the "easier" ones, on the first layout I shot a 24 and the one I missed was the single, full use of gun, which was a low house skeet bird from peg 5 :good::yes::yes:

Well shot to all today, can't understand what you've got against Kegworth Claybuster? The problems I've had there appear to be in the past and were to do with no birds and trap breakdowns not the targets, they IMHO are certainly no better or worse than say Kingsley and Shugborough.

Mag team, if I hadn't been going to NoE I would have been at Leadbrook. I think it's a cracking little shoot albeit strictly fibre wad which to be honest doesn't bother me but some people act as though fibre is some form of Antichrist :yes::hmm::lol:

I haven't been for 4 or 5 months but will definitely be re-visiting sometime soon.

Mr Potter

Sorry we had to **** off mate, it was all for nothing as it turned out.

I thought Anni said that he wanted to go and shoot the NOE Sport trap afterwards, but apparently he meant he wished he had gone to shoot it instead of Kegworth :rolleyes:

So we went home instead :yes:

What happened to you? You were building a good card when we left. You must have made a harris of something :yes:

Did you see what was winning B Class when you left?

haha no probs,

yep was shooting quite well with you lot but then when I went back to finish the stands I had missed they were all empty I had to shoot them all without seeing anyone else shoot them.

I also shot them all one after the other quickly and I did not take my time, big mistake :good:..... one stand threw me and I made a cock up of it instead of taking a min to compose i just shot the next 2 stands whilst thinking about that stand :hmm:....... next time I will slow down lol oh and I think my England BBQ was catching up on me :yes: ....

nope did not even look at the scores I just threw my card in and left :yes::yes:

100 registered Sportrap today at NoE so there was definitely no more hill walking for me :rolleyes::yes::yes:Shot an 87 which I was reasonably pleased with. Again, of the 13 I missed at least 6 or 7 of those were the "easier" ones, on the first layout I shot a 24 and the one I missed was the single, full use of gun, which was a low house skeet bird from peg 5 :yes::yes::yes:

Well shot to all today, can't understand what you've got against Kegworth Claybuster? The problems I've had there appear to be in the past and were to do with no birds and trap breakdowns not the targets, they IMHO are certainly no better or worse than say Kingsley and Shugborough.

Mag team, if I hadn't been going to NoE I would have been at Leadbrook. I think it's a cracking little shoot albeit strictly fibre wad which to be honest doesn't bother me but some people act as though fibre is some form of Antichrist :hmm::lol:???

I haven't been for 4 or 5 months but will definitely be re-visiting sometime soon.

Mr Potter

Top darts Mr P :good:

So they weren't all sitting round in the clubhouse talking about that amazing round that that superstar Chard had just shot, then? :yes: :yes: :rolleyes::good::yes:

Strangely enough no they were putting their pitchforks away & disbanding the mob saying damn we missed him lol. There was this girl there asking where the guy with the auto was, she just did not know how he did it and he was amazing. :yes:

Shot our League Cup 70 bird shoot this morning at Oak Lodge SG, did a distinctly average 54. :rolleyes: The shoot was ok, but a few too many teal and dawdly incomers for my liking :good: Won the pool shoot though so got my money back :yes:

Well shot on the pool shoot ,"shoot out" Paul. I only managed a 52/70 on the league shoot. So you pipped me on that. from Auntie. :yes:

Well shot all today, particularly Mr P....good arrows that man. :yes:

Shot Kingsley with Nicky T today and shot a very average 60, felt again I should have had a good few more. Seemed to find the clays on the first couple of birds on a stand and then lose them again. I had some good and stands some bad.

Company was good and we stayed pretty much dry though. Next weekend will be better. ???

Timps what's this secret with the minis/midis..........come on share and share alike....every little helps. :lol:

There was this girl there asking where the guy with the auto was, she just did not know how he did it and he was amazing. :yes:

Tell me about it, you you should have been there when he was booking in.

To quote Mr Potter :

"You could almost hear her getting moist" ???:lol:;):yes:

sums my day up :lol: well at least cat has told me how to shoot mini's that I think are midi's now :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the trick with Minis is to shoot straight at 'em. :lol:

They come off the arm very fast but slow up very quickly because of their light weight, everybody misses them in front.

I enjoyed shooting round with that motley crowd of up and coming Northern Hotshots, it's good to see them shooting proper targets week in, week out, you'll never get anywhere shooting those biff straw bale jobbies, no wonder we got stuffed at Hodnet. :yes:

I just couldn't get into it today, started OK but then the odd one or two slipped away, then I finished badly, missed 7 over the last 3 stands, whereas Chard and the guys shot the last few stands brilliantly, good job it wasn't a 30 birder..!! :lol:

I stopped off at NEWBOLD on the way back, cracking ground, super targets, but facilities pretty poor, plenty of good, longish birds, it was the Oxfordshire County Champs, surprisingly not as many people there as I would have expected, Chris Broomfield was leading on a superb 91, I shot probably my worst score of the year, a 79.. ???:lol:;) , but I was in good company, a few well known names struggled there today, it was that sort of course, you got punished big time if you were only marginally off form. :hmm:

Well done to Bigweed on that mega Skeet score, that's the best way to improve your Sporting, if you're shooting Skeet at that sort of level it's only a matter of time before you break that magic ton, well shot. :yes:

I might have a weekend off next week, I'm doing the South East Regional Champs at Southdown the following weekend, and I need to be keen for that one.

Cat.

Good looking out Paulos! Fancy sponsoring me with 100??? :yes:

Errm...I would love to, but I only have 50! I'm planning on winning some in one the club raffles on this or next Wednesday night, :lol:???

Well shot on the pool shoot ,"shoot out" Paul. I only managed a 52/70 on the league shoot. So you pipped me on that. from Auntie. ;)

Thanks Auntie, I think watching all that DTL on Saturday must have rubbed off on me! :lol:

Well shot everyone else this weekend :yes: Cat, your 79 is not of your own wrongdoing, you see once you've shot with that Manc bunch of ****s, your shooting goes down the pan :lol: You should give Southdown a swerve and shoot North Wolds instead :hmm:

******* student ingrate :lol:

He is lucky enough to have one of those rare experiences (meeting me) that enriches life, and he moans :yes:

Just no pleasing some people I guess ??? I can't help but notice however that the moment I met you lot was precisely the same time that I ceased urinating 90+ scores and started with consistent >80 and even >70s!! ;):yes::lol:

Just no pleasing some people I guess :yes: I can't help but notice however that the moment I met you lot was precisely the same time that I ceased urinating 90+ scores and started with consistent >80 and even >70s!! :yes::lol: :lol:

That's just because you are intimidated by being in the presence of magnificence ???;):lol:

:hmm:

Timps what's this secret with the minis/midis..........come on share and share alike....every little helps. :lol:

I think the biggest tip for me is to fathom out whether its a mini or a midi in the first place haha.... as cat said i was was well in front with the tendency to give it more rather than less, as soon as he told me to shoot at it as I was over leading it I smashed the next 2 :yes: ...... bang goes the old adage if you miss then give it more lol ???

Yesterday was a 36x50 at the local. 7 stands this time. It was going reasonably well for me right up to the last stand where i mucked it up. Still, the three stands of 3 pairs wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, not ideal but the extra stand made it for a good range of birds on a simple 50 bird jobbie.