dog v cat

digger

just as i was posting on the football topic,with my back door wide open and dog asleep in her bed a cat strolled in and helped itself to the dogs water.all i heard was a slurping noise and assumed it was her.big mistake,she woke up and was rather p*ssed off.long story short = do i own up or deny all knowledge ? and yes it is a bin bag case,no i dont know the owner,no collar.

she wont look at a cat outside the house but nailed this one too fast for my liking.time to put a lurcher across her ? :yp:

1-Take cadaver to nearby road.

2-Place on tarmac

3-Drive over it a few times

4-Take car for a wash

5-Deny any knowledge of Felicide :yp:

I am led to believe that is what some ruffians would do,I however would do the honest thing and offer apologies(yeah right...sorry FM)

Edited by henry d

I have been soooo close to this situation many times with our dog I often wondered 'what if...'

Fess up, may be the best answer, but you never know what the reaction will be, mild histeria or absolute histeria being the 2 most most likey outcomes :blink:

Cats are treated differently to dogs, as far as I am aware, you don't have to inform the police if you knock a cat over in your car, but you do if you knock over a dog? so if you decide to do nowt, you may not be breaking any laws as such.

I think you should go back in time and decide against posting this topic. Then go for a drive along a country lane and lob said cat out of window in to the hedgerow!! :blink:

Seriously though unlucky mate, if you dont know the owner and have no idea of who it could be the give it a nice berial somewhere and try and forget about it.

gb

oops. :blink: if you don't know the owner and there's no collar what can you do? bury it or hedge it in the countryside somewhere.

Only way to let the people know is tell the local vet that you 'found' a dead cat it might be micro chipped. But the vet will know it didn't get hit by a car in 2 seconds.

Bury it mate, Happened to me years ago when I had my two dogs out of their kennels and sunning themselves in the garden, Next door but ones prize persian decided to put in an appearance, You can guess the rest. :*) What a racket, not a lot you can do. Just dig a hole and pop it in. Out of sight, out of mind.

my lurcher has caught a couple of cats in my garden and they got away with a bit of a scare and some cuts and bruises. she also got one in someone elses garden when my brother left the front door open, she didnt kill it and i offered to pay the vet bill which was 140 quid.

if i were in your situation i would bin it descreatly and not look for trouble. if the owner puts up lost cat signs etc or you find out who owns it by other means then just tell them what happened. you must remember that this is someones pet and if your dog or cat went missing then you would want to know what had happened, good or bad.

pete

Take my advice M8, take a litter of pups of that dog B) :thumbs: :thumbs:

The guys on the forum will be standing in line to get one :thumbs: :(

I once had a large docile staffy bull terrier who took 3" out of the throat of one of my Jack Russells :blink: . Totally provoked by the Russell, no suprises there I hear.

Funny situation you are facing when you've got a cat/dog problem.

All of my dogs over the years turned out like their owner-we all hate cats,always did and always will.

Reading the press on here brought two memories straight back,one with dog and one without.

No1,a fair few year back i was snaring rabbits and came to check them one morning working along the line picking and resetting until i came across a white rabbit .Funny says me as i've never seen a white rabbit on the estate before so i go to pick rabbit up and i'm confronted by a funny looking thing flying at me with teeth large and pointed and two legs with rather sharp looking claws.

**** says me jumping back!.

How the hell do i deal with this thing.

Let us just say the cat expired before i could get it out alive "well i did try".

Now one dead cat to dispose of,road nearby,said cat lies on road side and i disappear.

A few day's later a local farmer came around saying one of his wifes kids had died in a road accident,me full of i'm sorry to hear that and how is she coping etc. and asking where the accident had happened.

Was i shocked to find that the kid was a white cat,found on the side of the very road that i'd been on.

So the golden rule is cover all the evidence.

No2,Took lurchers out one day and next door neighbour has cats which have decimated the local song birds so as long as the cats are on my families land then the dogs treat them as fair game"the cats have learnt to RUN".

Anyway opens the gate one day and blue is off like a missile,no guesses as to what he was after.Next thing one hell of a bang followed by a cat scream just as i get to the back of their house to see fur flying and neighbour trying to beat dog off and save cats life.

Anyway cat and dog lived, just.Visit of mr.policeman finished with me and neighbour just say speaking.Turns out the cat jumped up onto the window sill and the dog followed,the bang was him nearly going through the glass.