The Pheasant

markm

YES

Ok - the comp is for the top restarant in the country.

A traditional country pub serving a wide range of game locally shot / caught on its menu V's a stroppy jumped up curry maker from the midlands who likes to cry and make curry =

Im suprised they didnt win because the dishes they served were innovative.When people said that the pork dish was too fatty i thought this was unfair because thats just how it is.Its never going to be a truly lean meat.

Anyhow,its given the Pheasant huge publicity and i was rooting for them cos they're local!

Edited by Imperfection

The food the Pheasant served was too much for most of that audience, he could have played it 2 ways.

1) Stick to what you do, and it they don't like it - tough

2) Give them what they want/take the easy option and go for the win.

The Pheasant went for 1, and the Lasan went for 2.

Either way I bet you can't easily book a table in any of those restaurants that made the top 8, publicity like that is worth a fortune.

The Lasan shouldn't have been in the final full stop.

The Santa Maria del sur in the semi's produced food of equal quality, GR praised them in every way (Teamwork, service etc) and slated Lasan and yet they win? ? ?

What was all that about?

Just got to watch the final last night. He choked it on the starter and choked it on the main course

His food was pleasing to the eye but very poor on the palate

Best chef won

The Santa Maria del sur in the semi's produced food of equal quality, GR praised them in every way (Teamwork, service etc) and slated Lasan and yet they win? ? ?

What was all that about?

But they were in the final and they won. The santa made a kebab in a griddle pan and some potato salad from sainsburys <_<

But they were in the final and they won. The santa made a kebab in a griddle pan and some potato salad from sainsburys <_<

How ignorant can you get?

That is like saying that Lasan used a jar of Uncle Bens sauce.

Watch the semi final again and listen to the praise that the Santa Maria get on quality of food, teamwork service and general running of their resturaunt and how every customer was satisfied and then listen to the slating the lasan get.

It was easy for most people watching who should have won, but then crying and a sob story always gets these Reality show contestants a long way. Rather than just getting on with the job in hand.

<_< While I lovbe pheasant id take curry over it every day of the week..........................wonder what curried pheasant is like :mad:

It's very good - Cafe Spice Namaste in Leman Street always does a game week menu. Had a curried grouse this year, after a starter of spiced venison sausages.

Lovely stuff

How ignorant can you get?

That is like saying that Lasan used a jar of Uncle Bens sauce.

Watch the semi final again and listen to the praise that the Santa Maria get on quality of food, teamwork service and general running of their resturaunt and how every customer was satisfied and then listen to the slating the lasan get.

It was easy for most people watching who should have won, but then crying and a sob story always gets these Reality show contestants a long way. Rather than just getting on with the job in hand.

But if you send out **** food that the pheasant did and scored poor marks, kind of gives a good indication that he choked it. He wasn't good enough to win. The diners though so and so did Gordon

I loved the look of The Pheasant, and was hoping they would win, but I think what also needs to be considered is that game is not for everyone; I'd hesitate a guess and say more people in this country would choose curry over game. This in mind I think The Pheasant was a non starter in my view, if say a third of the people just don't like/eat game the odds are stacked against that chef! Just my opinion......

I read some reviews on Simply Thai restuarant to try and book it, and they were quite bad so have given that a miss. I will definitely try and get to the The Pheasant though, that really does look good.

Quite disappointed too that The Phes didn't win. Seemed that they pushed the boundaries for Chef Ramsay, but Lassan just churned out their standard day-to-day stuff.

Would defo like to visit Jay's restaurant though.

I think your about the day to day stuff. It was nothing special apart from he used beef instead of lamb

Didn't fancy the cling film dish the phes was serving though <_<

The food the Pheasant served was too much for most of that audience, he could have played it 2 ways.

1) Stick to what you do, and it they don't like it - tough

2) Give them what they want/take the easy option and go for the win.

The Pheasant went for 1, and the Lasan went for 2.

Either way I bet you can't easily book a table in any of those restaurants that made the top 8, publicity like that is worth a fortune.

agreed....

What was all that about?

absolutely right MC....

santa maria del sur did not put a foot wrong in the semi final, yet got knocked out by Lasan who's service to the 30 diners was a little shabby.

I thought the competition was to find the best "LOCAL" restaurant.... yet the 2 in the final were more the type of restaurant who look to try and gain michelin stars with the type of food that they serve. whereas Snta Maria DS was a typical local restaurant... serving a more limited menu... but doing what they do VERY well.

i think they should have won the whole thing. SMDS is just up the road from where my brother lives, & I have penned in a visit for later this month/1st week of feb.

that steak looked AWSOME!!!