which cartridges

Shot size no 6 30g is good for most birds and smaller pests like bunnies too. Lead loaded cartridges are cheaper, and the only ones available with fibre. Plastic leaves more visible bits behind which some folk dont like, all steel shot is plastic wadding, but often faster, and often caries more shot.

I use no 7.5 and 28g loads for clay shooting but I know some people go a lot lighter. These cartridges are very cheap and you can get duff ones occasionally.

There are many variations on this topic tho.

Hope this helps. :good:

I also like the Eley VIP Sporting fibres. Not cheap but good value compared to the equivalent Hull or Express top of the range cartridges - check them out at JustCartridges. Tight patterns, I understand. And high antimony content, which is good, too. I use no.8s for close clays and no.7 1/2s for those further out, though I ought to admit that I'm very far from an experienced or an ace shot.

hi any advice would be great on which cartridges to use there is that many to choose its a nightmare

shot size weight etc fibre plastic steel or lead

brand non brand

Hi. I really do suggest you find someone local to you who can act as a bit of a mentor. Shooting is a complex way of life and different situations need different skills and tools - he choice of cartridge is just one of those. As an example, not many farmers will be happy for you to shoot plastic wads on their land - it is unsightly, ecologically unsound and dangerous if his cattle ingest the wads.

There are also a few good books on game and rough shooting as well as clay shooting - treat yourself.

cheers,

Like many have said, Eley HB Pigeon 32-6 is a good cartridge for pigeon. Havent shot phessies for donkeys years so cant comment for them.

Also recently used Fiocchi P32 recently and liked them a lot.

Next cartridges I'll be using are Rottweil..12F, although havent decided on shot size yet (5 or 6)

If you only want one cartridge to do the lot then try the Hull Three Crowns 28g in No.6 shot, fibre.

Or any fibre No.6 28g cartridge.

Your aloud to shoot clays with them and can be used to shoot just about anything else really.

My self, I use Hull comp X 21g/28g 7s for clays and Eley grand prix 5s for everything else.