• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't make me get Chard on your case............:lol:

He needs somebody on his case :rolleyes:

Trotsky has unhealthy political ambitions :lol:

I think he's been reading too much about dressing up in bin bags with an orange stuffed in his gob while being flogged by a dominatrix :lol:

I think there needs to be some serious thinking about the prizes for the top shots in each team, obviously there needs to be a very attractive High Gun prize, perhaps the very best of the prizes put up by the sponsors can be set aside for the top 2 or 3 shots to take their pick, then raffle off the rest, sounds pretty fair to me, that way everybody is happy..?? :rolleyes:

Cat.

He needs somebody on his case :lol:

Trotsky has unhealthy political ambitions :lol:

I think he's been reading too much about dressing up in bin bags with an orange stuffed in his gob while being flogged by a dominatrix :lol:

.....and what of it? :yay::rolleyes:

Yes,

Lets have some cash for the high gun as well?

Why can't a fun day ever be a fun day without someone wanting to profit from it?

100% agree, only cash is for Hodnet cost plus charity :rolleyes:

The spirit of the day is what will make it a day to remember for all :lol:

raffle tickets. £2 each :lol:

sounds good... :rolleyes:

Dont like the idea of cash for high gun as its a CHARITY fun day and i dont think we should detract from the money given to GOSH

It should be like a birds only shoot.... :lol: ...lol

shaun

I think there needs to be some serious thinking about the prizes for the top shots in each team, obviously there needs to be a very attractive High Gun prize, perhaps the very best of the prizes put up by the sponsors can be set aside for the top 2 or 3 shots to take their pick, then raffle off the rest, sounds pretty fair to me, that way everybody is happy..?? :rolleyes:

Cat.

Sorry but i disagree,

a lot of us are whats commonly called "straw bale" shooters, but we are attending because its a fun day for a good cause, so therefore everyone should be in with as much chance as the next person in winning a "top prize"

Our money is as good as everyone else's even though we might not be the best shots

finishing top gun in your respective regions or overall should be prize enough ie: bragging rights

Just my humble opinion

shaun (**** shot)

Cat.

I would be absolutley against CASH PRIZES for any position; but have no problem with the suggestion that the top couple from each side taking their pick of the raffle prizes before the raffle starts. Remember gentlemen we are there to enjoy ourselves and make some money for a worthy charity, lets keep it that way.

webber

My 2p is that the day is about having a laugh and doing something for charity.

It's not about getting cheap gear in a raffle.

I think the people running the auction, raffle or whatever are under a duty to get best value for the donated prizes. For example, the stove is probably worth £400 and it would be a push to physically sell £400 of raffle tickets on the day. Accordingly, the best format for some of the prizes will be auction.

Some shooting related prizes can't be auction because of legal issues e.g. the cartridges and it is these prizes that should be "raffled" on the day.

As for shooters getting cash wedged up for places - well, I know that Cat has had a slow season, and whilst he has had some good scores he is down on prize money and silver ware, but this is not the way to make up for a poor clay season :unsure: Cat if you want a nice big trophy, get yourself into the novice class down at JJs on Sunday.

Nobody has suggested cash prizes :unsure: I think all Cat means is that there is quite a large and generous list of prizes that have been donated and so it may be an idea for the top 2-3 shots on the day to pick a prize before the rest are raffled off. I have been to loads of charity shoots where they have done the same (I won my gunslip at one). It is a friendly shoot first and foremost but surely there is no harm in awarding a high gun prize from the list already available? :hmm: I don't expect to win, but I have no problem with the person that does getting something for their achievement...

ps. I agree with Mungler about certain prizes - expensive ones should be auctioned. You just won't sell enough raffle tickets to reflect the value of the prizes.

Edited by paulos

I can relate to them all except "Dead Lions" which is lost on me.... :hmm: must be a suffen thing

Raffle would best in my opinion cos the rich suffeners will bag all the good stuff in an auction... :unsure: (them being rich an all)

shaun

Dead Lions

Similar to Dead Fishes but with a bit more action.

PREPARATION

None.

HOW TO PLAY

The children dance around until the music stops. Then they lie on the floor and stay as till as they can for a count of 10. Anyone who laughs or moves during the count is out. Children who are out may join in by attempting to make the others laugh, but they must not touch them. The last child left is the winner.

Simples !

Nobody has suggested cash prizes :unsure: I think all Cat means is that there is quite a large and generous list of prizes that have been donated and so it may be an idea for the top 2-3 shots on the day to pick a prize before the rest are raffled off. I have been to loads of charity shoots where they have done the same (I won my gunslip at one). It is a friendly shoot first and foremost but surely there is no harm in awarding a high gun prize from the list already available? :hmm: I don't expect to win, but I have no problem with the person that does getting something for their achievement...

ps. I agree with Mungler about certain prizes - expensive ones should be auctioned. You just won't sell enough raffle tickets to reflect the value of the prizes.

I strongly disagree,

The raffle prizes have been donated with them being RAFFLE prizes, not for some sandbagger to come out the closet and take the booty.

If you want to win something go and shoot JJ's, If you want to have some fun with some like minded people then come to Hodnet. All this talk of ringing the ground and asking them to put on the next World Championship needs to be stopped as well.

No one gives a **** if Cat and his cronies get a 96. However if some of the people who haven't shot clays before only get really low scores then the day has failed IMO.

I vote that we get loads of fit women along for the day and we either play a mass game of strip poker or have a kind of mudwrestling event to decide who gets what :hmm: :unsure:

At the moment I am trying to get peoples money in for the shooting - this takes about 2 hours of my day currently.

I am not prepared to be part of a debate on this thread about what is fair and what is not as far as prizes go. Whatever finally gets decided will not please everyone, of that I am sure - I have however learnt over the last month to live with that level of critiscism.

I wish people would think more before they post on this thread as I am trying to keep it positive and upbeat. There will be some people reading the thread that are not sure whether to come or not and all the squabbles wont be helping the numbers for the day - and therefore the charity pot for GOSH.

If you have comments to make to each other or me please do it by PM or start a "CHARITY DAY ARGUMENT THREAD" please.

I strongly disagree,

The raffle prizes have been donated with them being RAFFLE prizes, not for some sandbagger to come out the closet and take the booty.

If you want to win something go and shoot JJ's, If you want to have some fun with some like minded people then come to Hodnet. All this talk of ringing the ground and asking them to put on the next World Championship needs to be stopped as well.

No one gives a **** if Cat and his cronies get a 96. However if some of the people who haven't shot clays before only get really low scores then the day has failed IMO.

Hmm, I guess I see your point about them being donated AS raffle prizes... :unsure: