NORTH VS SOUTH CHARITY CLAY DAY

ME

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that to raise more money MC and Catamong should do a Morris dance dance off.

Why can't we can't do something that isn't his OTHER hobby, He likes nothing better than sunday afternoons at his local jingling bells with the other morris "MEN" :drinks:

See if you can spot him.

morris_dancers_a_470x313.jpg

Edited by MC

Why can't we can't do something that isn't his OTHER hobby, He likes nothing better than sunday afternoons at his local jingling bells with the other morris "MEN" :drinks:

See if you can spot him.

morris_dancers_a_470x313.jpg

Doh........you've sussed me.........I'm the "Jethro" lookalike second from the left, but I've lost a bit of weight since then and had a good shave..!!

Yes, and it's Mung clinging to my right elbow. :lol:

OMG, I'm never gonna live this one down...........perhaps I'll have an attack of "Event Anxiety" just before the event, (PDLM style), and get lost on the way, after all, I've never shot the ground before..!! :o

Cat.

Doh........you've sussed me.........I'm the "Jethro" lookalike second from the left, but I've lost a bit of weight since then and had a good shave..!!

Yes, and it's Mung clinging to my right elbow. :lol:

OMG, I'm never gonna live this one down...........perhaps I'll have an attack of "Event Anxiety" just before the event, (PDLM style), and get lost on the way, after all, I've never shot the ground before..!! ;)

Cat.

Cat, how many people can you "have a pop at" in one post :drinks: :o , what is the forum abbreviation for "laughing my cock off" - LMCO ?

Hey Shaun,

There's talk of trying to organise some transport for anyone wanting to travel to Hodnet from the Worsley area.

If you're interested PM Ian E as he's the one looking into it at the moment.

Nicky T

unfortunatly im nowhere near manchester either.....i need to work out a plan of action.....

i reckon its a good 4 hours from me.....cant really afford an overnight stay so looks like its going to be a looong day... :good:

shaun

Any idea when we'll have a date for this do

Yes, I will be confirming it on the 15th February. Unless the lady at Hodnet has hashed up the dates again it is most likely to be 29th May.

:good:

Are we having a prize for best dressed team then ?

Obviously we know that Markio will already be dressed up to the nines and fully made up, but what about the rest of us ?

We could make it either "regional" or "North vs South" themed..... what say you.... ?? :good:

Will coal dust covered face and gravey stained vest be optional or compulsary for them northerners? I was thinking of a suit + bowler hat combo for the London types :lol:

A suggestion to the map... If you pin point the ground exactly use google maps everyone can see the exact location and you will also then be able to provide the co-ordinates for sat nav users.

Markio: I've put a google map on as an option and included lat/long co-ordinates as per your suggestion.

Never having used satnav on the ground, can anyone tell me the preferred format; decimal degrees, degrees decimal minutes or degrees minutes and seconds?

It's actually the house about quarter of a mile further South of that building highlighted, on that same road :rolleyes:

Chard: That's where the OS co-ordinates I have put it. I have ammended my google map accordingly.

The ground is CLEARLY signposted off the A53. Look for a big sign saying "West Midlands Shooting School"

Even PetetheGeek will be able to understand this..??

Cat: Thanks for your assistance. I have appended your directions to the map, so now no-one has any excuse for not finding the place. Not even me.

Markio: I've put a google map on as an option and included lat/long co-ordinates as per your suggestion.

Never having used satnav on the ground, can anyone tell me the preferred format; decimal degrees, degrees decimal minutes or degrees minutes and seconds?

Decimal Degrees i think. :rolleyes:

Chard: That's where the OS co-ordinates I have put it. I have ammended my google map accordingly.

Cat: Thanks for your assistance. I have appended your directions to the map, so now no-one has any excuse for not finding the place. Not even me.

You are really earning your user name tonight Pete

Chaps,

There is lots of talk about booking hotels etc.

The lady at Hodnet promised me that she was holding BOTH dates.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not pay anything to book a hotel in case "Mrs Givethedatesaway" has given the dates away - AGAIN !

Thanks

ME

ME,

I would e-mail the ground now with your preferred date, the 15th is still a long way away, and even superb grounds like Hodnet are not too good on the admin side, you may find some other do-gooder at the ground has given both dates away in Debs absence, blushes all round..!! :rolleyes::yes::yes:

Cat.

ME,

I would e-mail the ground now with your preferred date, the 15th is still a long way away, and even superb grounds like Hodnet are not too good on the admin side, you may find some other do-gooder at the ground has given both dates away in Debs absence, blushes all round..!! :yes::yes::good:

Cat.

Cat,

I have just sent the email as suggested. Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Thanks

Matt