clayshoot for PW members in kent

dunganick

well after having met a few of the chaps from kent, i thought it might be worth organising a little get together at a clay shoot.

so here goes, the scheme that my self with a hand from LB have come up with goes along the lines of this;

in about a months time (date to be decided on when people can make it) we would meet up, now there are two potential options for locations.

if we can only do a weekend then willow farm (tenterden) would be home for a half a day.

however if we can make a monday we have the opertunity to book up at west kent (paddock wood) for their monday madness session, this means that you turn up, pay £260 for a 6 man team of people (works out £60 a head i believe,also limited to max of 2 teams i believe) and then shoot as much as you like all day long, no bird limit, any trap you want, any combination, your only limit is yourself, and how many carts fit in your car.

for the monday madness i will need to book it asap so i can fit it into my holidays (in about 1 months time) there would be food avalible, and drinks and everything else you can think of, west kent is a top notch ground.

if you can make this please post, there is a few of us allready up for a shoot, i think SNAKEBITE is going to shoot a shotgun for the 1st time if we manage to meet up, and LB and my self will be there , also BigSam has said he's up for it, i will ring andy CM to see if he can make it, and theres a few of you ive also PM'd about it.

theres alot of us from kent on here so it would be nice to meet up and shoot a few clays together, the offer is here and waiting, but time is of the essence for the monday madness, so let me know if you can go.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its £60 a head,

dont worry about drinks, im pretty sure they dont sell anything you need to be 18 to drink there, drunk people and guns are an ugly combination B)

as for the gun, you can either hire on the day or blag off another memeber, either way if you can make arrangements to get there on the date which is chosen then by all means come along.

bare in mind carts are about 7 or 8p a shot, so if your using someone elses you would need to bare in mind they would probably require some cash at the end of the day.

its an expensive day, but it should be a fun one

i will pm the people who i did before again, as the pm's dont seem to have made it through.

I would be interested in a session at Tenterden, preferably mid week, but could possibly make a weekend.

Having experienced "Monday Madness" at the West Kent Shooting grounds, it is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot of shooting.

Definitely a day for the hardcore enthusiasts only.

this is true, unfortuantly you can only do a monday madness on a monday, so if you cant justify the £60 let me know.

also forgot to mention that if we booked 2 teams (looking like that is likely) then we would (i believe) have the entire run of the site on our own.

maybe its worth doing a monday madness and then at a later date a tenterden bash.

just post your thoughts and if you can do week days......

so if you cant justify the £60 let me know.

Those people that know me, would have had a good laugh reading that. :lol::lol: :yp:

My comment about "a lot of shooting", had nothing to do with the cost.

As you say , it is no limit shooting.

When we did it, I must have used 4-500 cartridges and afterwards I had a headache, shoulder ache, cordite taste in my mouth and could hear music all the way home, without the radio on.

Its seriously hardcore.

I am more the gentle, 100 sporting clays type of bloke. :lol:

I hope you get two teams, post the date and I may come along for a "social". B)

wow, we are booking up fast,

my mum is ringing today to check that the 2 dates i can make are avalible, at the rate we are going i will get it booked on monday.

however we have the ugly buisness of payment to talk about, as no doubt they will want a deposit, and as im sure you can appreciate i need to know for certain that everyone who says they are going will actually go, as if a few people didnt turn up it could leave me (or my dad if i convince him to pay the deposit) a serious sum.

anyway, i will find out about details and post the possible dates if the 2 dates are avalible

okay update on this, there is only 1 date and 1 team avalibel B)

the date is the 17th, and its just 1 team of 6

so there is room for 5 people.

the other option is we leave it untill my xmas break, however by that time the weather will of turned and it would be hit and miss with the weather.

another option is 6 of us go to westkent, but then we could organise a weekday down at tenterden for one of the weeks.

i might give the guys there a ring and see if they fancy doing a monday madness equivalent (as i know them quite well) but that would be a long shot.

in the mean time 5 more people to do monday madness, who can deffiantly make it and would enjoy it.

i need to know names ASAP as i get the feeling people are booking them up fast for practice for this season.

also your views on the money situation

okay, i need to check LB is going but im 99% certain he will be there

so thats 3 places gone

i feel evil having so few places, unfortuantly cant help it

for those who cant get into this shoot i will organise a tenterden one.

as we are over booked im pretty sure my mum will put the deposit down, as if people pull out i can find a replacement.

i will let you know monday what the deposit is B)

3 places

for the people whom havent shot before (think there are 2) im assuming you would rather start on a slightly less expensive day (a day at tenterden), with a few less birds, but your welcome none the less if you can make it and afford the £60 + carts

sending PM's to people who PM'd me

Edited by dunganick

Looks like a good start so far. I mixture of Kent and Essex boys

I hope someone is taking a camera along for the Monday Madness. Name and shame of the world wide web, who's a crack shot and who's a **** shot B)

So Far

dunganick

lurcherboy

martincavie

Cranfield- Interested

Pike

digger

Snotty

apbuild

Its a bit too far for us Northern boys

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

good point, i will also check that, i just recalled it was 260 and someone said it worked out 60 a head, i will re check my figures

its not higher than 60 a head, might be lower though.

i shal find out.

shame you lot couldnt meet up with us jonno

some time we will have to find a ground which is a bit nearer your turf

okay turns out its £350

have a look see

http://www.wkss.demon.co.uk/Monday%20Madness%202005.htm

free drinks and a breakfast, but no novices :lol:

i will put together a day for the novices and those who cant make it at tenterden, once this is out the way B)

also says money in advance, which either means im going to have to do some serious groveling or going to have to take £60 a head off you lads, which is alot of money for you to trust with someone you have never met :lol:

Edited by dunganick