kidnapped kent couple

Martin2

it is but its a bloody long way to sail to avoid it if you're trying to get through the suez to the Med :good:

which is the fundamental reason there is so much shipping of all sorts in their waters.

We ought to have decoy boats out there loaded up with SAS and slim their numbers every time they tried it on.

Edited by al4x

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno, I am all up for bombing a few pirates - hell why not?

But instead of focusing on sending a message to the pirates, what about sending a message to people not to be so daft. Indeed, what happens if someone dies in the rescue attempt? It was all a bit avoidable really wasn't it?

Oh noone mentioned BOMBING them,

Better take a few 6's as well, there are well overkill.

Don't reckon an AK would save you

itd go a long way.. if you pulled out an AK as the pirates were 20 feet away i doubt theyd be firing RPGs at you :good:

guess when pirates realise they don't have any money they'll let them go.

you think theyd let them go after their secret base's wherabouts were known?

doubt it with the money they rake in.. you cant leave 2 british explorers like that to the pirates, eccentric they may be but im sure theyd never do it again :lol:

anyway, i rekon the SAS would love a bit of pirate bashing/training too

it is but its a bloody long way to sail to avoid it if you're trying to get through the suez to the Med :good:

which is the fundamental reason there is so much shipping of all sorts in their waters.

We ought to have decoy boats out there loaded up with SAS and slim their numbers every time they tried it on.

SAS via land is the best way to do it.. theyd be watching the seas

take their base and rescue the couple

Edited by Shuck.

Does anyone know where they are? I guess they're in a village somewhere rather than a secret base with a skull and cross bones flying overhead.

they think they know what city theyre in, but someone is bound to talk with some monetary persuasion.. look at ross kemp.

20 quid youd find out exactly where they are

have you seen how far you have to go to get back from the Indian Ocean to the UK if you don't go past Somalia? probably gives a clue why they were going that way. They thought they were far enough out to be out of the pirates range, were in a boat that doesn't have much value for ransome and you begin to get the idea why they took a chance on it. Add to that all the navy patrolls from different countries trying to intercept pirates and it begins to look like a lowish risk to take. After all they could have hit big storms going round the tip of Africa and sunk which was probably more likely

Really can't understand why all you guys are so sympathetic. :good::hmm:

Quite simple really, they are a couple minding their own business captured held like rats and starved, all by a bunch of sub human savages that we have allowed to trade in piracy for far to long, we should have and could have stopped it long ago.or is it fair play that any vessel in international waters is a legitimate target, if so I suggest you step back to blackbeard's time as you not living in the 21st century.

KW

Quite simple really, they are a couple minding their own business captured held like rats and starved, all by a bunch of sub human savages that we have allowed to trade in piracy for far to long, we should have and could have stopped it long ago.or is it fair play that any vessel in international waters is a legitimate target, if so I suggest you step back to blackbeard's time as you not living in the 21st century.

KW

Yes the world is an imperfect place.

Would I go walking through the slums of Johannesburg at midnight with a Rolex on my wrist whilst thumbing through the contents of my wallet? Well, I would be within my rights to wouldn't I..... but I would be pretty freekin stoooopid and would have a reasonable expectation of being done over.

Yes the world is an imperfect place.

seems that whilst the world may be imperfect, most people on here ARE? never made a mistake have you, never made a rash or stupid decision! yeah right, they may have been to you stupid, but that does not mean "they deserve to die" comments are acceptable, if you feel they are, I am truly sad for you, you live in a sorry world.

KW

having looked at it again Mungler they were travelling from the Seychelles to Tanzania from my map thats about 400 miles from somalia so basically the distance from lodon to Edinburgh. Personally i'd think in a boat that was a fair distance to stay away.

having looked at it again Mungler they were travelling from the Seychelles to Tanzania from my map thats about 400 miles from somalia so basically the distance from lodon to Edinburgh. Personally i'd think in a boat that was a fair distance to stay away.

Somalian pirate business wouldnt be very lucrative if they restricted themselves to somalian waters :good:

they set up camp hundreds of miles offshore and make boarding ladders for oil tankers etc. on small islands in main travel routes

I'm with Mung on this BUT have to say...why oh why doesn't someone (Brits, USA, EU etc) clobber these parasites (Somali pirates) OR is there something we're not being told and they're just going to be left alone to carry on? These Brits are not the only people to have been kidnapped, killed or threatened so surely it's up to those nations that would police the world to do something about them?

they think they know what city theyre in, but someone is bound to talk with some monetary persuasion.. look at ross kemp.

20 quid youd find out exactly where they are

You could have hit the nail on the head, Send in Ross Kemp, the pirates and nazis they love him, get him in there have abit of a chat job done and they are on their way home for tea. Failing that wait until he leaves then ambush the ******* and do it that way, i know this couple were stupid and they are going to have to explain themselves if they live through it but you can`t let a few peasant pirate wanabees kidnap british citizens left right and centre and not have to pay the price.

EDIT:- the other theory is that they are really CIA opperatives getting information for the yanks to go back in again after another warlord.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

couple of old rich fools.................forget them

I dunno you can't win, work hard all your life and amass wealth and they are rich fools or spend your life on benefits and become a sponger, people on this country are just SOOOOO understanding and compassionate

my map shows the only small Islands are the seychelles but hey must be missing some. I knew they were going out on ships and launching from them in smaller craft but 350 miles is a long way by water, and thats the closest it is.

google earth, not maps; show tiny islands dotted around the whole area. the first distress signal was triggered very close to st. joseph island. also they were actually being held on a hijacked tanker so they can go as far out as they please.

couple of old rich fools.................forget them

Actually all they have is their boat and what is on it, perhaps you would have more respect for them had they ****** what they had up against a wall, like 90% of the real losers in this country

KW

google earth, not maps; show tiny islands dotted around the whole area. the first distress signal was triggered very close to st. joseph island. also they were actually being held on a hijacked tanker so they can go as far out as they please.

Interesting, where abouts is St Joseph Island? The only one I can find is in Canada :good:

I don't have a lot of sympathy really, and I wouldn't want any rescue to waste the lives of British servicemen. At the same time I wouldn't wish them dead, foolish though they are.

I do think we should start using these nobbers for target practice though. They'll never be any practical use to anybody, so we might as well start thinning them out :good:

Wasnt having a pop, Im on google earth and cant find it that was the only reason for asking. Cant see st joseph island on that map either. 12°19'24.10"N 53°27'32.78"E are the only group of islands other than the seychelles or the ones just north or Madagascar that I can find

Not using google earth my mistake, I cant give you the coordinates but they fired off the distress signal very close to Saint Joseph Island, which is about 150-60 mi west of seychilles

edit: you may have to zoom in all the way on the link I gave

Edited by Shuck.