theft from one of my permission's

bignoel

had a phone call today from one of the farmers on one of my permission's late last night after midnight when i left the farm for another farm some one had managed to take 60 lambs 1 month old taken from pens ? the hampshire area if anyone hears anything along these lines please pm me .noel

Guest Callum.

Best bet is to check the local markets or maybe ask some more farmers to look in their barns and see if they are hiding anything...which is 50/50 on if they'd let you look :lol: Goodluck! :lol:

Guest Callum.
have a look out for someone that has nicked a lorry load of mint sauce :lol:

:lol:

Classic.

Don't tell any criminals about this,or they might jump on the gravy train

(sorry that was bad)

They are worthless at a month old really, depending on breed they won't be fit for market till at least 10-12 weeks old and that would be on the ewe so still getting milk, and being given supplementary creep pellets. I cannot believe someone would go and steal 60 lambs, it seems sublime to the ridiculous. It is an absolute nightmare feeding lambs on the bottle, and then training them to get onto a bucket system or automatic feeder, the dozen or so sock (orphan) lambs i have each year are nothing but a pain in the harris and are always the last to be killed about 12 months after birth.

It is either for religious slaughter or, it pains me to say it, a very dishonest farmer.

The tags can be cut out easily enough and replaced with others, half of the ones we put in get pulled out within a few weeks of putting them in.

They are worthless at a month old really, depending on breed they won't be fit for market till at least 10-12 weeks old and that would be on the ewe so still getting milk, and being given supplementary creep pellets. I cannot believe someone would go and steal 60 lambs, it seems sublime to the ridiculous. It is an absolute nightmare feeding lambs on the bottle, and then training them to get onto a bucket system or automatic feeder, the dozen or so sock (orphan) lambs i have each year are nothing but a pain in the harris and are always the last to be killed about 12 months after birth.

Yes my thoughts entirely although I am not a farmer , what do you do with 60 month old lambs? :lol::lol:

Blackpowder

well after speaking to the farmer this i can assure anyone its nothing untoward he said to me that even that they are worthless who every stole them had to drive down a lane which led to the sheds by passing 5 house's ?

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

a very empty shed this guy works hard tending his sheep all over the place i can understand how he feel's some useless piles of **** about .

Apart from anything else 60 lambs that have been taken from their mothers are going to be making a hell of a lot of noise while they are being taken, and wherever they are being stored.There is nowt on them at that age and i would think the only place they wont stand out or attract attention is another farm.So i would look closer to home for them....

Apart from anything else 60 lambs that have been taken from their mothers are going to be making a hell of a lot of noise while they are being taken, and wherever they are being stored.There is nowt on them at that age and i would think the only place they wont stand out or attract attention is another farm.[so i would look closer to home for them....]

my thoughts exactly it was gone midnight when they took them dont think anyone in there right mind would want to be driveing around to long with a load like that ?

well who ever has them is surely having a job keeping them quite now as they were on there mothers still ? a worthless theft and it was 70 lambs not 60 makes it harder to belive someone could shift that many and not be spotted at night .thats the start of the theft season on our permission i dont know how many piglets got stolen last year the farm is so big you just could not secure it all a few more late nights i think .

won't be that hard to rear them, especially if they bung them on an automatic milk feeder its probably simpler than having to look after the mothers as well. Its a bit different but I used to bucket feed up to 100 calves a morning on my own ranging from a day or two old upwards. Pretty tragic for the farmer but sadly becoming more common