hernia op

davecooper1

Don't do what I did and went straight to bed - cat was so pleased to see me it jumped up on bed right between my legs. -- did you have the keyhole or slice and dice - I had one single stitch that was woven from side to side along length of cut with a bead at each end - after a week went to Doc's and nurse just cut the bead off and pulled stitch out in one loooooog pull -- but it has been worth it. - milk it for all it's worth

Dave

Must be BOGOF Day :yes:

Glad its all gone ok for you ;)

xxxxSuzy

Has anyone heard from Martin :good:

Good man DC1 hope all heals well and you don't have too much pain. Remember no straining for a while - of any kind! :hmm:

Pushkin :lol:

Here Miss :lol:

Know how you’re feelin, once you get to have a shower and get the iodine off, you will feel a lot better! The bruises seem to take a while to go but after a couple of days the pain went with just a bit of discomfort left.

The itching stops after a while unless you want to keep shaving personally I did not want anything sharp any where there ever again: blink:

Axe,

Don't hang around it won't fix itself. get in and get it done !

not getting it done can lead to bigger problems.

M.

Mine is an Incisional Hernia that manifested itself following an extensive Laparotomy which consisted of a 30cm vertical incision that also removed my Naval. It appears just above where my Naval once was and I simply push everything back in until it appears again. My operation was in '95 so you can see I have managed to live with it for some time, but it is slowly getting worse. Mind you, my weight doesn't help. :yes:

Hope you guys recover speedily. :good:

did you have yours opened up Dave? i got mine through my belly button. so much pain....aaarrrggghhhhh..

Martin, got mine opened up, the surgeon said it is a bad place, right at the bottom of my groin, said the scar is going to be a big one.

I will soon find out on Sunday when the dressing comes off.

Dave.

Mine is an Incisional Hernia that manifested itself following an extensive Laparotomy which consisted of a 30cm vertical incision that also removed my Naval. It appears just above where my Naval once was and I simply push everything back in until it appears again. My operation was in '95 so you can see I have managed to live with it for some time, but it is slowly getting worse. Mind you, my weight doesn't help. :yes:

Hope you guys recover speedily. :good:

thanks Axe. bit of advice mate, dont leave it. it wont fix itself.

Martin, got mine opened up, the surgeon said it is a bad place, right at the bottom of my groin, said the scar is going to be a big one.

I will soon find out on Sunday when the dressing comes off.

Dave.

thats where mine is, on the right hand side, really low down. wonder why they have done them different? I think Doc H and Alex will be on later, im sure they can shed some light on it.