Guntrader Forums - Free speech gone

John Maiden

I and a few other regular contributors to the forums on the Guntrader.co.uk site have found recently that our postings are getting edited. On "Gunshops" it says "say it all here good or bad" It seems to be that now you can only put a good posting about a Guntrader customer otherwise it will be edited and still left in your name ! Although Guntrader will let it go uncensored if it is a non -Guntrader dealer.

I am voicing myself here as I'm sure it would be deleted from Guntrader if I put it on there. A great shame as Guntrader used to be a really interesting site with some really good input from shooters. Unfortunately, I cannot believe postings are original, as they may well have altered to like mine to suit the website owners own agenda. Come on Alex, you used to have the most frank and honest platform for the guntrade on the net. Get back to how it used to be, let people speak freely and don't alter there postings

Can’t say what the legalities are, but it sure makes my blood boil when I try and post something and then find it has been deleted because it interferes with another agenda.

The GT site used to be a bloody good one, with a vast array of knowledge being put in. Now all that happens is the occasional bit of banter and the all too frequent fight.

Now don’t get me wrong, I have no objection to a moderator removing things that he finds objectionable, But when he asks for an honest input about gunshops, and then alters or deletes the ones that don’t fit in with his personal views, then that is a different matter.

Power corrupts and ultimate power corrupts ultimately. :<

G.M.

May I make a suggestion if you have a problem with another site take it up with them, rather than trying to court someones else views on another site. Willing to take flak on this one. This is PW not Guntrader. No ties with the site either .

Brian

the above is why i like this site, pretty much everyone has their own opinion, almost no one agrees with each other, and the mods (both current and now missed) let people fight it out, only pulling people up when things get out of hand.

it all makes for a great site where people get a good selection of experiances from every area of the sport

may this site stay this way for years to come :)

As Graham has already said the GT Forum has been heading down the pan for sometime now.

The threads on there do our sport no justice at all, it should be more moderated - not less IMHO

The PW forum is an example to all the others, you get the usual good humoured banter/p**s taking but also good advice but without all the political BS you get on the GT forum these days. Have a look through the 'general' section, it defies belief, the same 3 or 4 idiots everytime slogging it out in public for all to read.

I don't post their now, and even when I dip in quickly to see how things are they don't seem to have improved. I feel sorry for Alex having to get involved all the time, if it was my site I would dump the Forum all together nad concentrate on the sales side.

I have found my last 2 rifles through GT, that side is spot on, just let down by the forum these days.

Edited by stuartp

Having started out on the Cybershooters forum, moved on to the GT forum, joined this one and experienced the Airgun BBS, I reckon that we should all pray that we don't get the same sort of posting by a few members that has harmed the first two so much. There is nothing more boring.