Day out with Topgunners

new to the flock

Would like to say a big Thank You to the Top Gunner boys, They contacted me Saturday afternoon, after I landed and set up a shoot for today. This was a fabulous day out. We set up this morning on a stubble field that had beens shooting up, Due to a prior commitment Allen had to leave for the morning but was able to join us again in the afternoon. The shooting was steady all day except for a short hours lull around lunch. After some fabulous shooting we packed up and shot a few photos....I will post mine if I can figure out how to get them up on this computer, as I forgot my camera cord. Hopefully Dave will be able to get the ones he took on his phone posted . This was a fabulous day for shooting, friendship, and general banter, with some fabulous dog work from both of the spingers. In the end the total count for the day was 219.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS, I had a fabulous time.

NTTF

Thanks NTTF for your comments and we agree totally that it was a cracking example of how a days pigeon shooting should be. (friendship good shooting and loads of p**s taking).

BUT, now folks I will give you the nitty gritty.

We arrived at the shoot early morning and I set out the deeks and hide and we started shooting from the off and had a mad 2 hours where a lot of pigeons fell (mine mostly) as poor old NTTF has vey short arms and ERNYHA's gun had a long stock.

:)

Well that was his excuse at the start, strange gun etc but after a while he got more used to it he started to perform quite well.

A while later when TOPSHOT2 Alan joined us he went to pot and started blaming them "GODDAM USELESS ENGLISH CARTRIDGES, WITH NO GUNPOWDER in them"

:lol::lol::lol:;):lol::lol:

Methinks he was under pressure from my mate and folded?

and he ended up with a WONDERFUL BIG BRUISE on his arm, (another excuse)??

But joking apart it was a fantastic day the BANTER was first class, and we have arranged another day , I just hope he brings a FLASK this time.

Dave K

Typical English Truth........put out all the decoys himself he did :o

Carried all the gear to the hide, he did :o

Had to pick all up by him self he did :o

and the best one..........

The sun was in my eyes when I went to shoot.....funny Dave, and Allen both liked this one, unfortunatly as they were shooting at the bird the sun was behind them. :):lol::lol::lol:

Also liked Allens I'm not crying, its the powder from the end of your barrel making my eyes tear...... ;):lol::lol:

Cheers Mates, great day had, Oh and by the way, you should see the bruising this morning.... :lol::lol::lol:

nttf

hey did any of them pigeons have my name on them .ha ha .

nice to see u found them on your first outing.

topgunner & crew good on ya mate nttf seems to be enjoying himself just dont let him shoot to many < nice to see u put him with sun in his face> thats the way :)

:lol::lol:

yo. nttf

make sure you are up and ready early in the morning as that WILL be a test for you tomorrow.

It's gonna "hiss" down all day and your luxury BAG on our land ;won't be the same tomorrow on Will's land.

And you won't have the SUN as an excuse either.

Flask & brolly. BOY!!!!!!!

B) :lol::lol::):lol::lol:;)

Edited by Topgunners

yo. nttf

make sure you are up and ready early in the morning as that WILL be a test for you tomorrow.

It's gonna "hiss" down all day and your luxury BAG on our land ;won't be the same tomorrow on Will's land.

And you won't have the SUN as an excuse either.

Flask & brolly. BOY!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::):lol::lol:;):lol:

LB B)

Dave

We Canadians are not a scared of the dark like you French pastry boys are.

As Dave said went out rabbiting last night with Allen and Terry. Was another new experiance. At home traveling around with a loaded rifel with a silencer on it and shooting at night, would very quickly give you an invitation to be a guest of the prison system. However once I stopped looking over my shoulder for the enforcment boys we settled into a fun evening with a total of 30 rabbits in 1 1/2 hours. We also came across a couple of foxs, however they would not co-operate and present a safe shot, so they will need to wait for another night.

I saw more rabbits in that hour and a half than you would see at home in an entire hunting season. Yes we do have restrictions on how many rabbits we can shoot, and we are only allowed to shoot them from Oct 15 till Dec 31.

Thanks Lads

NTTF