What did you think to first F1 race of 2010

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

Waited in anticipation and to be honest was bored after the first 5 laps. Don't particlally like the Barain circuit, too clynical. I think the full fuel load and no pit stops takes away some of the exitement as well, as before, a lot of things happen in the pits to add to the whole race senario. but it's early days I suppose so we'll just have to see how it pans out.

BB. :o

Boring. I have now officially given up being at all interested in F1.

I remain amazed that other people follow it or will continue to keep following it despite the over whelming evidence that it has been ruined.

For the last half a dozen years or so, races have been won on pit stop strategies and not racing as in "over taking". Alas, over taking appears to have been banned for being too dangerous.

I'm a motorsport fan, so I want to enjoy F1, but it's now impossible. The fact that as soon as a driver gets into the "dirty air" from the car in front, he has to sit there and can't get any nearer is just ridiculous.

I would try making the front wings tiny and only one element, have you seen the size of them? Then remove all the fins and spoilers from the bodywork which were supposed to go a year or so ago. If this doesn't let people get near enough to overtake, then just give up, it's a joke.

I'm with 6shot, there's more excitement in one lap of Moto GP than in a whole season of F1!

My other hobby is watching paint dry... :good:

I loved it, although I think the heavily fuelled cars is bad for the game. Health and Safety gone mad again...

The cars always used to run with a race distance worth of fuel. Mansell Senna and Prost never used to have problems with it. I welcome it as it is down to the driver and car not starting light and letting a 2 or 3 stop strategy come in to play. At least now eveyone starting with the same fuel load levels the playing field a bit and the most economical cars(if you can use that term in F1) will be slighter better off.

That is how the V10 engine was developed by Renault in the early 90's. It was a balance of economy and power.

I bet the Williams FW14B that Mansell drove in '92 would still be competitive today. That car redefined F1.

For me F1 has been rubbish for years, but I thought I would watch this one to see how the new rules, new cars, and different driver line-ups would pan out.

What a bore... awful waste of time as far as I was concerned. If all those changes were for this then it has truly died. Makes it seem all the more tragic that Donnington has gone to waste because of F1.

I watch Moto GP, World Superbikes and British Superbikes... and those keep me very well entertained. :good:

Like many on here i was hoping for a really exciting race ,bleddy hells bells this was like watching grass grow.As was feared the no refuelling rule has just made it into a procession.

At least i can now go about something worth while on Sunday afternoons without thinking i'm missing a good race .

Until of course the proper racing starts,B.T.C.C. and Mr Rossi and co get going .

F1 ? its like its 80 odd year old owner, way past it.

Edited by Jega

I don't like the BTCC, that used to be far better. Another one where too much mucking about with rules "to make it more exciting for TV" has wrecked it. Also, personally I hate all the contact, again it never used to be like that. If I want that I go to watch bangers and Hot Rods.

I don't like the BTCC, that used to be far better. Another one where too much mucking about with rules "to make it more exciting for TV" has wrecked it. Also, personally I hate all the contact, again it never used to be like that. If I want that I go to watch bangers and Hot Rods.

According to Top Gear tonight it has been like that for the last 50 years. I remember watching it at Snetterton and a Vectra hitting the barrier in front of me and I thought I was going to get a Vauxhall in my lap.

And you believe what they say on Top Gear? :good:

Well, I can only go by what I can personally remember over the last 20-something years, and I am quite sure the level of contact was far less.

Funny you should mention Snetterton. When I used to race with the 750MC we once supported a BTCC round there. That was the only time I ever raced in front of full grandstands! :good:

Edited by john_r

And you believe what they say on Top Gear? :good:

Well, I can only go by what I can personally remember over the last 20-something years, and I am quite sure the level of contact was far less.

Funny you should mention Snetterton. When I used to race with the 750MC we once supported a BTCC round there. That was the only time I ever raced in front of full grandstands! :good:

No, but the videos of the older races show plenty of trading paint.