nppc or pestrid

petek

Hi lads, just a question to all. live in grt manchester want to start some serious pigeon shooting this year ,which is the better to join pestrid or nppc?? .I know theres travelling involved in both ,but pestrid seems mostly york up to scarborough and nppc goes down to brum area both 2hr drive away .nybody had dealings with both? cheers petek.

Never joined NPPC or pestrid so im a bit of am armchair expert but...

Pestrid site hasnt been updated and still only says the pigeon shooting is good at the moment. October.... Doesnt fill me with confidence.

NPPC state they have land everywhere even as far down as northampton, last time I asked there was nothing anywhere near northants, which kinda screwed them for me.

Of course it helps that you cant see the lists of counties with current opportnities until you become a member. catch 22.

Right there are fields on these maps..No 93 Darlington & Middlesbrough.........map No 99 Northallerton & Ripon ...........map no 100 Malton & Pickering

Map No 101 Scarborough & Bridlington .......... Map no 105 York Area.......Map No 106 Market Weighton..............Map no 111 Pontefract & Doncaster.........

Map No 112 North Lincs & S****horpe..........Map No 120 Worksop.........Map No 128 Derby & Burton.......... Mao No 139 Birmingham.........

Map No 140 Leicester & Northants.......Map No 141 Kettering & Corby.......

This is the areas covered by the latest lists ......If you want any further information give John Shooter a ring you will find his number on the NPPC site.. :good:

i joined nppc last year and although i since wised up and knocked on some doors (dont phone up) and ended up with more acres than i need, i would say its a good service for £3 a week approx. I like the way that you are anonymous to the farmer and that you only have to worry about getting there and shooting. I would recommend it as superb value. I am going to book out a few more times in northampton before my membesrhip expires just to get my moneys worth even though its an hour odd drive for me and ive got shooting on the doorstep now. Try it if you are within 90 mins of the locations.

i joined nppc last year and although i since wised up and knocked on some doors (dont phone up) and ended up with more acres than i need, i would say its a good service for £3 a week approx. I like the way that you are anonymous to the farmer and that you only have to worry about getting there and shooting. I would recommend it as superb value. I am going to book out a few more times in northampton before my membesrhip expires just to get my moneys worth even though its an hour odd drive for me and ive got shooting on the doorstep now. Try it if you are within 90 mins of the locations.

Is there much shooting available in Northants ?

NPPC WELL WORTH THE MONEY :devil: CONCIDERING £200. FOR A DAY AT DRIVEN PHEASANT. £140 FOR A GUIDED PIGEON DAY. :lol: BEEN A MEMBER ME SELF FOR 3 YEARS AND I LIVE IN ST HELENS ABOUT 20 MILES FROM MANCHESTER AND 15 FROM LIVERPOOL AND CAN SAY I HAVE SHOT PIGEONS IN YORKSHIRE AND STAFFORDSHIRE. BOTH COUNTIES ON LIST HAVE AREAS BETWEEN 75 AND 100 MILES FROM ME.DEPENDING HOW FAR YOU ARE WILLING TO TRAVEL YOU CAN HAVE SOME GOOD DAYS I PERSONALLY HAVE HAD TWO 50 BAGS.ONE 40. COUNTLESS 20 AND 30 BAGS ON WINTER RAPE. BUT NOT EVERY TRIP IS LIKE THAT. BEEN OUT AND SHOT 2 OR 3 OR 7 OR 8 YOU GET THE PICTURE. BEST SUMMER BAGS WAS 88 ON CUT RAPE AND 76 ON CHICKWEED NEAR BIRMINGHAM. WITH OTHER SMALLER BAGS IN THE 20/30/40 BRACKET. SO I HOPE THIS GIVES FOOD FOR THOUGHT TO ANYONE CONCIDERING JOINING AND I MAY ADD THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION OF BEING A MEMBER :no:

Edited by yickdaz

• 2 weeks later...