Fight the petrol prices.............

Saker-Clive

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, But the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 114.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T PURCHASE ANY petrol FROM the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ...

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and BUY your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet, etc.

BOYCOTT ESSO and BP

There was a thread just like this maybe only a week ago. Simple fact is it doesn't work. Petrol companies control areas anyway, so although the stations might be branded with Shell or Esso or Total etc, the chances are they always get fuel from just one source.

There was a thread just like this maybe only a week ago. Simple fact is it doesn't work. Petrol companies control areas anyway, so although the stations might be branded with Shell or Esso or Total etc, the chances are they always get fuel from just one source.

I already boycott these supplierss due to them being the most expensive and i use over a hundred pounds of feul a week so its already a great saving

but to me things like this should be tried,give it a chance if it doesnt work well at least we tried,surely everyone is getting pigged off with this government and the suppliers doing our wallets over,let them carry on like this and what sort of quality of life are we going to have ,are we in danger of letting them think only the rich should have cars like" two jags"dont just take it fight back :hmm:

Try it if you like the idea by all means.

However, I always go to whomever is supplying fuel at the cheapest price. In my area that is almost always Esso, and very occasionally Shell. BP and the supermarkets are usually the worst prices, with Total somewhere in between.

Try it if you like the idea by all means.

However, I always go to whomever is supplying fuel at the cheapest price. In my area that is almost always Esso, and very occasionally Shell. BP and the supermarkets are usually the worst prices, with Total somewhere in between.

Its a good thing you dont live in my neck of the woods Esso are the dearest in my town at £1.20/litre cheapest Shell @ £1.15.9 :hmm:

That is why i feel so passionate about this

Sorry double post dont know how i did that

Edited by berettaman

I filled up just over a week ago, I think Shell was £1.15 so that's what I bought. Esso was a penny more, BP was three pence more and I have no idea what the others were that week, but their positions are usually as per my earlier comment. I noticed today all of them were higher, but did not pay much attention as I was not buying. I saw £1.25 for BP at a service station though!

Its 117.9 at my local for petrol, and 116.9 for diesel! Something needs to be done because the oil companies and the government are taking the ****!

No wonder so many people are leaving the country for warm weather and somewhere they can actually afford to live their lives

Whats grips my **** is look at the state of the roads again after all the cold weather. Where does all the duty on fuel and road fund go?? I would almost be able to swallow high fuel prices if the infrastructure reflected the amount of revenue generated.

My route to work is littered with large pot holes, I'm not talking a bit of surface tarmac up, they're proper ******* deeps holes!

And as for that "chip and tar" or what ever it's called, who ever thought up that idea must be laughing all the way to the bank. Two strecthes near me were done in the summer and now after the cold weather it's all lifted. It's a nightmare driving through it as there's stones getting flicked up everywhere so at best you get a peppered bonnet or auto glass repair or like me the other week a £90 xs on my truck for a new screen!

slightly off topic but wouldn't it be an idea if the govt sponsored some wind turbine tech to be used to install a network of "wind screws" between the carriageways to be driven by the back draft generated by passing vehicles to contribute to the national grid and therefore recuperating some of the costs and enable fuel prices to be reduced?