Crow shooting using a bird of prey decoy!!!

I've heard of this but never seen it in action. Was told that you can use a bird of prey decoy and dead crow to make it look like the BOP has just caught it and use a crow distress call to bring them in.

I've got a plastic peregrin in the garage, wonder if that i'll do the job??

I've heard of this but never seen it in action. Was told that you can use a bird of prey decoy and dead crow to make it look like the BOP has just caught it and use a crow distress call to bring them in.

I've got a plastic peregrin in the garage, wonder if that i'll do the job??

Have tried this with my plastic hawk off e-bay,could here the magpies around but none coming in,had the hawk sitting on a rabbit carcuss.

Good video :lol:

I have one of those large plastic owls, found its way into my van after a re furb net job on a underground station :lol:

have just fixed it on top of our pergoda, we normally have shed loads of magpies out the back, but not one so far, if they start mobbing it later, I'll get some video of it

was wondering if covering it in feathers (pheasant?) would make it even more realistic...

Image0090.jpg

Stubby i have the same owl decoy here, so im off out in a hours time and will take it with me crowing this evening.

I might place it near to my flocked crow decoys to see if this attracts the crows attention......

will update later

nice to hear if it brings them in :lol:

have just fixed a piece of piping inside my owl decoy, then used parts of an old pergoda to make a lofting pole of sorts, have 7 x 1mtr lengths that slot together,but instead of hanging the decoy, Im planning on leaving the pole in place, pushed into the brances of the tree, it easy to transport, I will be going out this week to give it a go,

well not very good at all, placed a dead crow at the feet of the owl and if im really honest only 1 crow sort of took any interest...

Even stuck the decoys out and that made no differance what so ever this evening.

Think i would have more luck using the air riffle on them when they are feeding on the cattle feed :lol: