Whats the best subsonic .22 round

Buy 50 each of as many types you can get hold of, if your gun has been run in then do some testing at 50yds with no wind, clean the gun barrel between each brand test. It will be pretty obvious which brand gives the best groups and then stick with that. When I bought my CZ 22lr 16inch varmint I made the mistake of buying 300 winchesters, couldnt get any more than 2 inch groups or more. Eventually I tried several types and found eley subs are buy far the best through the gun with RWS being very similar, in the right conditions and I'm having a good day I can easily manage 1" MOA at 100yds.

Its remarkable how differant barrels handle differant brands, if I use CCI then every third one or so goes supersonic and it wasnt just a bad batch as I change some ammo as I thought that was the problem.

If you know someone with the same exact model of gun as you they will probalby find a differant ammo shoots better than the one that shoots best for you, it literally is each gun is differant.

HI GUYS IVE JUST PURCHESED MY FIRST 22 RIFLE ITS A SAVAGE WITH THUMBHOLE LAMINATE STOCK, WITH SOUND MODIRATOR. I WAS HOPING SOME ONE COULD HELP ME WITH WHAT SUBSONIC AMMO TO BUY AS THERE SEEM TO BE A FEW TO CHOOSE FROM.

No need to SHOUT!!!!

WHATS THE BEST SUBSONIC 22 ROUND?...the one that works in your gun!

You are going to have to try a few!! :yes:

I've heard of that before, and unfired rnds jamming in chamber and bolt won't pull em out. If your gun likes eleys then I'm sure the consistancy is down to good old quality control, hardly ever get flyiers and never had one go supersonic.

I've heard of that before, and unfired rnds jamming in chamber and bolt won't pull em out. If your gun likes eleys then I'm sure the consistancy is down to good old quality control, hardly ever get flyiers and never had one go supersonic.

i had that in my cz.

very hard to close the bolt(compared to other rounds),would not eject a live round or a fired round.

turns out mine was the chamber,which was a bit on the tight side,had it reamed(or similar thing)and the round would not eject a live round but,would a fired round and no damage to the bullet head(unlike the bullet head before the chamber was done) and only the rifling marks were seen on a bullet,if i used the rod to get one out unfired.

the cci are slighly longer and go into the rifling more so,than other bullets in my cz,so yours may be similar to mine and going into the rifling.

not a problem with other ammo.

i was told by cci,that they do a slightly shorter one and told me to use these.no idea which ones they meant though.

sk or lapua as they are known,go well in mine.

al

As said above, try a number of different brands to see what your gun likes best. My Weirhauch groups Winnys and Eleys very well. Also Lapua standard club work well for me. I have just bought 200 Remminton subs hollow points and they just dont group well at all for me. Two 'no fires' out of the first 100 as well.

The best 3 are (in order)-1/Eley extra subs 2/Eley extra subs 3/Eley extra subs.I've posted this offer before and i stand by it-buy a box of Eley's every time you buy a different brand-if the alternate rounds out-perform the Eley then i will pay for the Eleys for you. :blush:

The best 3 are (in order)-1/Eley extra subs 2/Eley extra subs 3/Eley extra subs.I've posted this offer before and i stand by it-buy a box of Eley's every time you buy a different brand-if the alternate rounds out-perform the Eley then i will pay for the Eleys for you. :blush:

I'll pass that on to a friend of mine who phoned me earlier today, hes got a CZ synthetic 16in barrel, he bought some eleys and RWS on my recommendation and has found Winchester subs are the dogs dangly bits in his gun. My CZ varmint 16in is useless with winchesters but is spot on with eleys, he's selling me the eleys and RWS cheap so I aint complaining. :look: