Toon Toon

Blackbart

It'll be good to see them win the Championship again in 2011/12 :blush:

always a saddo knocker whats up boro 30 odd points behind or is it darlo about to out of the league?

now for something positive, lets see smith and butt need to retire, barton got rid of, spiderman and collichini off loaded (anywhere)taylor (stephen) will have to leave? the likes of nolan and lovencrans and most of the rest are good CHAMPIONSHIP players,I would keep simpson, routledge, enrique,and harper ( as second choice keeper) krul will be the kiddy in goal,but all in all big big spending needed or it will be back to the parachute payment :look: so hopefully ashley can now sell a premiership club and clear off back to his pole employing empire, shearer can step back in as manager and we can take the club forward and upwards and whist I admit I sound ungratefull where we are is in spite of houchens tactics not because of them, good coach but never a manager.

KW

Congratulations to Newcastle and especially Chris Houghton, who has had to suffer being the continuous bridesmaid to all the "celebrity" Managers parachuted in to save Newcastle and in the end he did it alone. :blush:

The problem they now have is just as kdubya has outlined, where do they get 5-6 Premiership players from ?

Man of the match yesterday was Guttierrez IMO.

especially Chris Houghton, who has had to suffer being the continuous bridesmaid to all the "celebrity" Managers parachuted in to save Newcastle and in the end he did it alone

Second that, & should be given the credit.

As for Shearer coming back, not for me, just not management material YET.

IMO,

But, back where Newcastle belong,

BJ.

Congratulations to Newcastle and especially Chris Houghton, who has had to suffer being the continuous bridesmaid to all the "celebrity" Managers parachuted in to save Newcastle and in the end he did it alone. :lol:

The problem they now have is just as kdubya has outlined, where do they get 5-6 Premiership players from ?

Man of the match yesterday was Guttierrez IMO.

Guttierrez is a good player but falls down to easily....

Nice to be back up......"Where we belong?....i wouldnt say its where we belong, last season we didnt deserve to be there, we were ****

Lets hope we make a better job of it this time and not take things for granted.

We need more than 5 or 6 players for the squad, and while Houghton has done the job of getting us back up there, i dont think he is premiership quality.

On more than 1 occasion this season he has been proved tactically inept.

Shearer?....no chance.....

I would have liked Strachan or Steve Bruce.......but then again Mourinio is after being back in the premiership....lol (kidding)

WELL DONE LADS

shaun

always a saddo knocker whats up boro 30 odd points behind or is it darlo about to out of the league?

now for something positive, lets see smith and butt need to retire, barton got rid of, spiderman and collichini off loaded (anywhere)taylor (stephen) will have to leave? the likes of nolan and lovencrans and most of the rest are good CHAMPIONSHIP players,I would keep simpson, routledge, enrique,and harper ( as second choice keeper) krul will be the kiddy in goal,but all in all big big spending needed or it will be back to the parachute payment :lol: so hopefully ashley can now sell a premiership club and clear off back to his pole employing empire, shearer can step back in as manager and we can take the club forward and upwards and whist I admit I sound ungratefull where we are is in spite of houchens tactics not because of them, good coach but never a manager.

KW

I'm with you on most points except 2: I think that Collichini can stay and there's no way I'd take Harper out of the net. He's one of the best keepers out there IMHO. His play was a big part of the success in this campaign to come back up.

I hope the Fat ******* is already putting out the For Sale sign so we can see him off.

I'd give Houghton a chance to manage or ideally see Shearer come back and Houghton assist. Houghton did a good job this season, especially with what he had to work with. I think letting him go would be a bad move. I think he has a future in management with the club.

Jim

Shearer as manager is absolute suicide for the club. I agree we have a lot of players who don't cut it in the premiership but if you honestly think we can afford to fire sale all of the championship players we have at the moment you need a massive dose of reality. Until FMA goes not a whole lot is getting spent we should feel lucky that Robbie Keane has agreed to join next season (supposedly) lets just hope we can entice a decent centre back to come. I honestly think enrique and guthrie will come good too

I'm with you on most points except 2: I think that Collichini can stay and there's no way I'd take Harper out of the net. He's one of the best keepers out there IMHO. His play was a big part of the success in this campaign to come back up.

I hope the Fat ******* is already putting out the For Sale sign so we can see him off.

I'd give Houghton a chance to manage or ideally see Shearer come back and Houghton assist. Houghton did a good job this season, especially with what he had to work with. I think letting him go would be a bad move. I think he has a future in management with the club.

Jim

first off harper is good no arguement but krul IS better simples, houghton is not a manager never has been never will be

his tactical nounce especially for away games was dubious to say the least, my take on away games was simple play for draws get 2 points at best every couple of away games play to win loose one win one get THREE points and better footy to watch comon shearer "lets be avin you" (as a tely cook once sad in a drunken slur)

KW

Houghton hasn't done a good job he's done an outstanding job taking over the relms of a sinking ship and getting us automatic promotion. Finding failings in his management is comical we're up *** what more do you want?

what more ? the ability to stay up thats what, we wont with the current lot,and sorry we wont with houghton! big question on my mind is does ashly want us to stay up or will 30 million for promotion followed by a 20 mill parachute payment do him nicely :lol:

KW

The skunks are still the scum of english football.

All the money they spent over the last 10 years means they should be up there with chelsea,man. utd etc.

Shoud be charged with crimes against football!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fans the so wonderfull fans, 50k only go and watch each game as ther thick as mince !!!!!!! and feel secure in there own little wolf pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK AND WHITE SKUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a complete nobbbb end you Darlo uphill gardener

I was sceptical at the begining on how Hughton would do - he has achieved a fantastic result - far better than the fool Shearer would have done - he may be a legend as a player but he was a complete tool as a manager - I could have done better and kept them up with 8 games to go - For those that still cling to the idea that Sir Al would do a better job, take off those rose tinted glasses and look at the real job Hughton has done. :lol:

Edited by death from below

now for something positive, lets see smith and butt need to retire, barton got rid of, spiderman and collichini off loaded (anywhere)taylor (stephen) will have to leave? the likes of nolan and lovencrans and most of the rest are good CHAMPIONSHIP players,I would keep simpson, routledge, enrique,and harper ( as second choice keeper) krul will be the kiddy in goal,but all in all big big spending needed or it will be back to the parachute payment :lol: so hopefully ashley can now sell a premiership club and clear off back to his pole employing empire, shearer can step back in as manager and we can take the club forward and upwards and whist I admit I sound ungratefull where we are is in spite of houchens tactics not because of them, good coach but never a manager.

KW

Why keep simpson?, if he wasnt good enough for man utd he certainly isnt good enough for us, he is a bit of a liability

shaun

All the money they spent over the last 10 years means they should be up there with chelsea,man. utd etc.

The fans the so wonderfull fans, 50k only go and watch each game as ther thick as mince !!!!!!! and feel secure in there own little wolf pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many do you get at Darlington?.....

How you can knock the fans is beyond me.....we got relegated and we deserved it, but did the fans leave.....no....

The rest of the championship were over the moon we got relegated as it meant their away ticket sales would go through the roof.....

They will be weeping now are going back up again......Newcastle United are like a cash cow when we travel due to the amount of away support we take.

We probably get more away fans than Darlo get at home games.... :lol:

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

I believe your thinking of leaving the country? please dont let us stop you.

KW

BIG CLUB -YES

SUCCESSFULL CLUB ---NO

WITH YOUR FAN BASE YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE TOP 4 OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL, HOWEVER THE TRUST THE FANS GAVE TO THE LEADERS OF THE CLUB SHOWED GEORDIES UP FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE!!!!!!!!

SMALL MINDED THICK BIGGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS FOR DARLO I ONLY LIVE ,THERE JUST LIKE YOU, WHO LIVES IIN THE LAND OF THE MONKEY HANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!