Training Treats

Oly

Given we all spend a lot of effort getting the right meal-time food for our dogs & pups (protein, fat, minerals etc etc) I was just wondering what training treats people are using (and what people look for in a training treat) so that we don't undo all our efforts via unsuitable training treats?

I tend to use little bits of Smackos, or similar sometimes ill use tripe pieces if i want thatt additional smell. James wellbeloved pure incentives are great and stink like hell £2 per tin too thats great. sometimes ill use cold food but never cheese, the high protine makes mine hyper

Beretta

frolic, its round polo shapes with carrot in it. give it a squeeze and it will brake into 4 nibble sizes. if its something that is new to him and i want him to be on the ball then nothing beats the roast chicken. wife cooks a roast every other day so there's always chicken of beef in the fridge but chicken is the killer one. just cut it into little tiny bits so he gets a taste but not much else.

My dog loves trout!! When I fillet trout after Ive caught them I use the scraps but make sure there are no bones in! I also use hot dog sausages cut into tiny pieces, or cheese, or garden peas which he seems to love!

Just cut the heads off & give them to your dog whole, it'll love 'em.

My BARF fed whippet gets dried liver as a high value treat occasionally (to reinforce recall) but generally he gets some of the puppy complete chudleys left over from when we switched to BARF... He only gets a dozen or so a day. Want some? We got thousands left... lol

My BARF fed whippet gets dried liver as a high value treat occasionally (to reinforce recall) but generally he gets some of the puppy complete chudleys left over from when we switched to BARF... He only gets a dozen or so a day. Want some? We got thousands left... lol

how do you dry your liver , when i try bakeing it it turns out rock hard , if i under cook its soft and goes off .

whats the best method .

cheers

how do you dry your liver , when i try bakeing it it turns out rock hard , if i under cook its soft and goes off .

whats the best method .

cheers

Hiya - sorry I missed this...

Anyway - I have never tried home drying liver - I usually buy it from the local Wilkinsons... but - I just googled a recipe for you - I might give this a try.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Dried-Liver-Treats-223415