North v South Training

majordisorder

So I thought I'd better learn how to shoot ESP if I'm going to represent the "Glorious South".

Having only had a couple of lessons so far on the skeet, Sunday was my first crack at some proper targets. Had a great instructor, Geoff from Northampton Shooting Ground who really helped me get on them (well a couple anyway) I couldn't believe the difference between the "easy" skeet shots and the seemingly fleeting glimpses of the ESP's.

Still not got a gun yet but am on the lookout for a secondhand B525 with a left cast to try and get some hours in before the 29th :blink:

Whilst I might not add much to the South's score I might well be able to lull the North into a false sense of security when they see me shoot :good:

Roll on the 29th.............

So I thought I'd better learn how to shoot ESP if I'm going to represent the "Glorious South".

Having only had a couple of lessons so far on the skeet, Sunday was my first crack at some proper targets. Had a great instructor, Geoff from Northampton Shooting Ground who really helped me get on them (well a couple anyway) I couldn't believe the difference between the "easy" skeet shots and the seemingly fleeting glimpses of the ESP's.

Still not got a gun yet but am on the lookout for a secondhand B525 with a left cast to try and get some hours in before the 29th :yes:

Whilst I might not add much to the South's score I might well be able to lull the North into a false sense of security when they see me shoot :hmm:

Dont worry mate :blush: , your not the only one. Only shot a few rounds of Sporting myself :yes:

I'm happy if I get over 50% :/:good:

I dont think I will be adding much to the the south score also, but it should be a good laugh :hmm:

Edited by WRX_Soldier

Still not got a gun yet but am on the lookout for a secondhand B525 with a left cast to try and get some hours in before the 29th :good:

Whilst I might not add much to the South's score I might well be able to lull the North into a false sense of security when they see me shoot :hmm:

Yes, but you're in the fortunate position of being able to learn a lot from the day, if you've never shot a top class ground like Hodnet before. :yes:

Having shot the ground many times before, I will probably learn very little from the day, except that there are quite a few targets that still continue to catch me out. :blush:

It's a fun day for a very worthy cause, so don't worry too much about the scores, as it's already in the bag for us Suvverners. :yes:

Cat.

i cant even load my gun :lol: I would really love the day to go as well as poss, lets just remember why we are there. :rolleyes: As fun as its going to be, serious is something it wont be. (i hope).

Im there to have fun and shoot AT some clays, whilst helping out a very good cause.

As long as i hit some, (would be nice to hit more than i miss) then i will be a happy bunny.... :sly:

shaun

i got my first bit of training in yesterday - i drove a long way, then got drunk.

Good darts, you may also want to practise inhaling foul smelling farts in case you are squadded with Evil Elvis...

i got my first bit of training in yesterday - i drove a long way, then got drunk.

Good job you got that sequence in the correct order Nick :rolleyes::/

Can I suggest that you practice losing, challenge that David Haye to a boxing match, or that young Mr Andy Murray to a quick game of tennis, offer that Jordan bird the **** of her life or perhaps get a few mates from the pub for a kick-about against Manchester United.

Whichever you do will be excellent preparation for the knockout blow you southern jessies will get from the quietly understated but overwhelmingly superior Northern warriors.

Mr Potter