Stopping smoking

kyska

Well, after some consideration and a lot of very emotive pleading from my little daughter (she knows how to make me feel bad, by god) I've just been hypnotised to stop smoking :hmm:

I've tried patches which made my skin fall off, and gum which made me feel nauseous for hours, so I thought I'd try it!

I've never been hypnotised before, a peculiar experience...

I was a bit worried as a friend tried it and as soon as he came out he wanted to smoke and now claims he smokes even more than what he did, he thinks the hypnotherapist works for imperial tobacco.

A mate of mine has one of those electronic cigaretes that you puff on to get a rush of nicotine. It produces water vapour. Look very realistic. He says it has helped him cut doen but not give up completely yet.

http://www.smartsmoker.co.uk/

It's strange to see him 'smoking' at his deks like the old days. All perfectly legal.

Or if your bum hurts.. :ermm:

touche :):hmm:

with regard to e-fags, they are good for a healthier, less contaminated smoke (then out-of-a-packet death sticks) but they won't get you off nicotine in fact some of them have more nicotine in them then 'proper ones'.

Well, after some consideration and a lot of very emotive pleading from my little daughter (she knows how to make me feel bad, by god) I've just been hypnotised to stop smoking :hmm:

I was a bit worried as a friend tried it and as soon as he came out he wanted to smoke and now claims he smokes even more than what he did, he thinks the hypnotherapist works for imperial tobacco.

I saw a hypnotist about five years ago, i smoked about 40 a day,when i was "under" i thought it was a load of ****,but when it had finished i felt good and realised a good hour had gone by.

Apart from being slightly touchy for two days,and wearing my watch on the opposite wrist for a week as the hypnotist suggested,there were no other effects.

I have never felt like smoking again,not even the big christmas cigar that was a yearly treat.

I know i will never smoke again,and that feels good.

If you think you may start again go back to the hypnotist,my dad was so addicted that it took two sessions for him to stop totally,but he has not had a fag for 18 years.

Good luck,oh and watch your food intake,after a week your taste buds will come back to life,and you will realize how great every thing tastes.

Stopped smoking over 18 mnths ago , used the inhalators advertised on the telly .

tried them as directed on the packet , not much good , ended up punching a hole in each end of the sachet with a biro and sticking it between my teeth !

worked though , still off the fags and saved over 6 grand . :hmm:

Still miss it whilst having a pint up the pub though ...............

I saw a hypnotist about five years ago, i smoked about 40 a day,when i was "under" i thought it was a load of ****,but when it had finished i felt good and realised a good hour had gone by.

Apart from being slightly touchy for two days,and wearing my watch on the opposite wrist for a week as the hypnotist suggested,there were no other effects.

I have never felt like smoking again,not even the big christmas cigar that was a yearly treat.

I know i will never smoke again,and that feels good.

If you think you may start again go back to the hypnotist,my dad was so addicted that it took two sessions for him to stop totally,but he has not had a fag for 18 years.

Good luck,oh and watch your food intake,after a week your taste buds will come back to life,and you will realize how great every thing tastes.

Thats good to know, thanks! I also thought, what is all this about, until she asked me to wake up and realised that 40 minutes had passed, I though about 15!

Well, I've driven to work which is normally a major trigger point for me....and its totally bizarre, I mean, I thought, oh its time to roll a smoke whislt sat in the car, then just kind of thought, no, I don't smoke...no pangs or anything.

MM, maybe stopping smoking will help your nerves? Maybe you could consider hypnotherapy when your like is a little less drastic.

Thats good to know, thanks! I also thought, what is all this about, until she asked me to wake up and realised that 40 minutes had passed, I though about 15!

Well, I've driven to work which is normally a major trigger point for me....and its totally bizarre, I mean, I thought, oh its time to roll a smoke whislt sat in the car, then just kind of thought, no, I don't smoke...no pangs or anything.

MM, maybe stopping smoking will help your nerves? Maybe you could consider hypnotherapy when your like is a little less drastic.

when things calm down at my end, ill be certain to try. just at the mo, its the only thing that calms me.

I had hypnotism. I thought it was rubbish and was aware all along what was happening. I think it did make me realize I was serious about quitting so a couple of days on patches and that was it. Actually had a spell on cigars then they went too.

Just need to quit freebased crack now and the crystal meth :big_boss:

Best of luck to you all. :good:

I had hypnotism. I thought it was rubbish and was aware all along what was happening. I think it did make me realize I was serious about quitting so a couple of days on patches and that was it. Actually had a spell on cigars then they went too.

Just need to quit freebased crack now and the crystal meth :big_boss:

Best of luck to you all. :good:

I was aware all the way through too, I've no idea how it works but up to now I've had the smallest thoughts of smoking, then they just vanish, in seconds if that. With the patches and things I just had constant cravings.

All to our own, how long have you stopped for now?

someone told me about some tablets that were dished out in the Iraq war :look:

they were issued as an anti depressant but it was found that people gave up smoking... anyone know the name ?

Probably talking about the champix sheeite!! Don't be using them, only way to stop is make sure you want to stop, not your wife,not your kids but you! Once you you get it in your head that your want to be a non smoker it is easy! Never give up giving up i spent 6 months wondering if i ever would stop missing smoking, but if you take a step back and realise how much better you feel, more money in your pocket,more able to enjoy spending that money without looking for that next fix, life is great without the smokes, believe me i know!! smoked for guts of 20 years but the last 6 months have been a god send!!

I have to echo the thoughts of GW80 here! Thinking about quitting because of what your kids or wife say just isn't enough. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT, and you have to want it enough that nothing is going to change your mind! By all means use one of the "Quit Smoking Aids" to help you but if you do not WANT TO QUIT then willpower alone might not be enough! I quit just over 6 months ago from smoking between 40 and 50 a day. I had tried several times before but failed because the previous times I was only quitting because I thought I ought to, THIS TIME I REALLY WANTED TO QUIT!

I was on Champix and they worked for me but we have to remember that what works for one might not work for another so please get some advice from a Stop Smoking Councillor, they are there to help you and they do a good job!

I wish you lucK but it is determination rather than luck that will help you to quit smoking, it's well wprth it in the long run!

I have to echo the thoughts of GW80 here! Thinking about quitting because of what your kids or wife say just isn't enough. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT, and you have to want it enough that nothing is going to change your mind! By all means use one of the "Quit Smoking Aids" to help you but if you do not WANT TO QUIT then willpower alone might not be enough! I quit just over 6 months ago from smoking between 40 and 50 a day. I had tried several times before but failed because the previous times I was only quitting because I thought I ought to, THIS TIME I REALLY WANTED TO QUIT!

I was on Champix and they worked for me but we have to remember that what works for one might not work for another so please get some advice from a Stop Smoking Councillor, they are there to help you and they do a good job!

I wish you lucK but it is determination rather than luck that will help you to quit smoking, it's well wprth it in the long run!

Cheers mateIf you ever fancy a day out in NI, you're more than welcome mate. What part of Yorkshire are you u from?

Cheers mateIf you ever fancy a day out in NI, you're more than welcome mate. What part of Yorkshire are you u from?

Yorkshire, don't swear at me mate! :look: I'm just over the border in East Lancashire.

Thanks for the invite! :lol:

hi ya all my name is trev i av stoped 4years now since my second hart arttack keep it goin lads /trev :look:

blimey..i had one heart attack and that was enough for me and gave up smoking from that day onwards(2002).edited as date was wrong..ooops

the money is not the main concern for giving up,health reasons are the best and i echo the taste buds finding new sensations and they want more but,rather have the extra weight(within reason) and feel better for it.no marathons though but i do not get tired now watching them run.

anyone who can do it cold turkey has my respect.

al

Edited by albob