my new tattoo

viking

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've 2 on my upper arms, one is a wolf and the other is a memorial to my mother and brother who have both passed on, i don't regrett any of them but i'm glad i don't have my uncles collection from his days at sea, he must have the best collection of blue smudges on anybodies arms anywhere, and what used to be a swift on his fist now looks like a blue ****!! Can't wait to see pension day in 40 years time when all the birds that have tats across the small of their back now are picking up their pension!!

Careful .... my family ancestors are originally from Cookstown and my brother lives in Strabane :good:

Your brother lives in a little East German Car?

post-9513-1273540065.jpg

Some one asked him!

Is it Thor?

He replied "Yes it hurts like hell!" :lol: :lol: :lol::D:lol:

Here is mine done 4 years ago now! Six sessions and a bit of a tender back B)

22598tattoo_back.jpg

Is it not meant to be central?

I had this done but couldn't work out why everyone was staring

tattooconventionberlin2007.jpg

So I had some intense laser surgery and changed it to this as I thought it would be less conspicuous

amazing_tattoos_10.jpg

EDIT;

That is not really me in any of the photos, I cannot for the life of me think why anyone would want to mutilate themselves and end up looking like a pair of freaks. Surely they had a lobotomy the week before having those done.

Edited by MC

Look (very) carefully at this one...

Oh **** I've spent the last 10 mins trying to upload the image but without success. It's a picture in word. Anyone got an idea of how I can load it please?

Doc1.doc

and NO it's not me or her indoors. I dislike tatoos!

Edited by Highlander

I had this done but couldn't work out why everyone was staring

tattooconventionberlin2007.jpg

So I had some intense laser surgery and changed it to this as I thought it would be less conspicuous

amazing_tattoos_10.jpg

EDIT;

That is not really me in any of the photos, I cannot for the life of me think why anyone would want to mutilate themselves and end up looking like a pair of freaks. Surely they had a lobotomy the week before having those done.

**** me!!! Surely they arent real??? Both of them look absolutely appalling. :blink:

Tattoos have never appealed to me because they're permanent and if you dont like it once done or later in life it will cost money to erase.

• 2 weeks later...

Tattoos are very much down to the individual. I wouldn't insult anyone because of a tattoo they've got but I would pre-judge them should I be interviewing them for a post; sorry but that's just me.

I find my last statement interesting as I have tattoos, no one at work will ever see them as I wear long sleeved shirts purposely to cover them; they're a remanant of my Army past way back in the mid 80's.

If I could afford to have my forearms cleared I would do, and never have anything to replace the old tattoos, I like the idea of being able to choose who I show my ink off to and when I show it off.

Tattoos today are works of art, some of the high quality tattooists around produce some great work, the problem is with the client who hasn't given enough thought to what they want, where they want it, what they have around/near it and how it's going to look in 30 years time.

So, am I for or against tattoos, a bit of both really. There are far too many people getting work done without giving sufficient thought to it yet the well thought out tattoos are a pleasure to see.

Anyone want any half price tickets for the Derby Tattoo Convention, 17th/18th July? Yes, I work at the convention, not as a tattooist unfortunately, I'm nowhere near talented enough for that. Come along and see some real artists at work, you might be enlightened. There again, you might not be......