Ton on the peas at last

proTOM1

Today me a stu headed to the field of beat we shot on sat and there was a few on so got setup it looked good as had a bird down after 5 mins but then nothing .

I then got a call from my mate who was shooting over some peas asking for my help so me and stu packed up and stu went home .

When i got to my mate he was on 68 but said he needed me about 200 yards down to his left as they had started dropping in there alot ,so off i went and got setup . I was in the hide and had my first shot at 1pm it was crazy with birds everywhere and boy did they wont to come in to the decoys , my mate was well in on the action aswell .

By 5pm i was on 100 but new i was soon to go as other half was off out leaving me with the little 1 ,so at 6pm i was on my way out of the field leaving the mass of birds still intent on feeding .

When i left my mate was racing towards the 200 mark :rolleyes:

Final count back at the yard was 118 with 15 young birds , pic from in the chiller

post-12734-1275328480.jpg

Well done Tom

Birds are still very thin on the ground here I shoot wiltshire oxfordshire and some glouscestershire nearly 50000 acres I done two hundred miles today and never saw one field that had more than 20 birds feeding with no traffic into the fields either.

I think the laid barley may pull some birds but I think now birds have setteled down I think it will be till autum before birds start shifting about.

Kind regards OTH

ha way then tom whats the secret to a massive bag like that... i was on peas the other week and was doing cart wheels with my 25 bag

There is no secret just a good bit of luck ,this field was well out in the fens and was the only field for a good mile or so ,it also had 1 wood about a mile 1 away 1 side and another wood 1 mile the other with 2 great flight lines :rolleyes:

Quality top day fella :rolleyes:

I just came through the estate at 7.30 one 20 acre field must have had a couple of hundred on it so theirs a few about,and my peas are not sowen yet,**** me they will be harvested in November.Lol Hopfully this week though.

November with the way most of my peas are will be mid june with the combine peas late july also alot of my farmers are saying all crops could be done early mainly rape . Have to say the barley has shot up over the last week :rolleyes:

The peas we were on today were put in early and just coming in to pod the rest of mine should be in pod within a week or 2 :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, ours are not in flower yet and 100 acres of vining peas were only drilled two weeks ago.

The pigeons haven't been on the drilled peas so I am waiting for the pods to show, with fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, ours are not in flower yet and 100 acres of vining peas were only drilled two weeks ago.

The pigeons haven't been on the drilled peas so I am waiting for the pods to show, with fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Not a problem, we are now finding them hitting the peas that are in flower or just going in to pod tho another mate on a near permission has been getting great bags on peas from the word go but there combine peas and a very big type at that :rolleyes: