clay classic

beretta

Nice shooting chaps :good: , stonking layout wasn't it. Most difficult setup I've shot to date (including Llandegla the first :lol: ).

Looking forward to another blat on sunday, albeit an easier shoot I hope. :lol:

Well done today and good luck tomorrow Nick/Auntie and co. :good:

I agree it was tougher than Llandegla the First and Second :lol:

I'd say you did very well there, Scott :good:

Interesting B Class score there of about 122 from John Smith :sly:

John Smith indeed

B Class indeed

I think he's built his sandbags a bit too high there :lol::P:lol:

I predict that Lady's will be won by the well-known Queen of C Class - Theresa Green :lol:

High Gun will go to Ivor Biggun :sly:

Colts will go to 11 year old Bob "Greybeard" Brown :good:

Edited by Chard

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rich, I should have had a few more on the first few stands but next time eh. :good:

I thought Mike was the secret A class shooter sandbagging in C (with his 97 :good: ), but apparently he's been outsandbagged now looking at some of the scores. :good:

Hopefully Nick and Auntie will get it done today.

Edited by whiskymac

Thanks Rich, I should have had a few more on the first few stands but next time eh. :good:

I thought Mike was the secret A class shooter sandbagging in C (with his 97 :good: ), but apparently he's been outsandbagged now looking at some of the scores. :good:

Hopefully Nick and Auntie will get it done today.

Bit of a dark horse is Mike (or a ******* donkey) :good:

Nick should be OK. He's as fit as a fiddle.

A couple of slow release isotonic bitchmutha bananas and he'll be running round the course :good:

Chard,

Explain this running thing to me, I have heard them use the term on the BBC but I didn't know it had any relevance to us ordinary folk?:good:

Mr Potter

Mr Potter sir !! If you can remember coming out of junior school 60 yrs ago and making a quick journey home "That was running" trouble is memory clouds over with age - Running is what "young" people do before they get wise - fat - and old :good: . :good:

Dave

Evening all :good:,

Well what a day that was! Just got in from shooting the Classic and thoroughly enjoyed it :good:

Shot in a squad withAuntie and four chaps we'd never met before. They were all friendly enough and we had a good craic with them all during the day. Started on Stand 10 on both layouts; shooting the Red layout this morning and the Blue this afternoon. Bit of a trek around the ground but not as bad as i'd feared :good: Definitely would not have like to shoot it in the rain, but in the glorious sunshine today it was a pleasure. Luckily I did pack the sun tan cream otherwise i would have been burnt to a crisp!

Really enjoyed the mixture of singles, two pairs and three pairs and would happily return to the Classic next year. They could very easily have just put 10/11 stands on each layout to save costs etc, but appreciate that they didn't and went the extra mile to set up extra stands and supply extra refs and add a little more variety to preceedings.

Finished on a 93 overall today so nothing trail blazing, but could also have been a lot worse so not too unhappy with that effort. Well done to everyone who shot the Classic over the weekend! Some cracking scores on the board today including Chris Papworth who shot a mamoth 72 on the blue layout yesterday!!!!

Nicely done, Nick laaaaaaaaa :good:

It was a good course wasn't it?

How did Aunty fare? :sly:

It was a cracking course (in my humble opinion) :good:

Loved the shooting sitting down stand (Stand 9 on the Red course) and really enjoyed both of the singles stands too :good: Thought that the mixture of targets was ok, but with 28 stands it would have been nice to see some mini's and maybe a few less rabbits :sly:

I'll let Auntie tell you how she got on, but she did well :good:

Well finally made it home at 9-05, so not too bad , the roads were unnusually quiet due to the footie.Well my score was a 94 i think, 46 on red and 48 on blue.Thanks to Nicky for carrying my gun up all the hills, it was much appreciated.Yes , i did the same mincing lots of the distance stuff and dropping the bag fillers, iv'e got to learn to respect the club type birds,'cause it's daft to hit rangy screamers and keep missing dustbin lids and close crossers. :good: The driven has always been my bogie bird and again it was just to fast for me, and i also suffered from the dreaded flinch about half a dozen times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good: All in all a cracken shoot ,excellent company and given that i'm an old buzzard i was happy to get my 94. from Auntie. :good:

I would imagine i'm a mile out of the ladies prize money, I saw my old pal Cheryl and she had done a 64 on one of the layouts so im hoping she will be in for a win. Thats awesome shooting even amonst the blokes. I now have reconised my age limitations what with the flinching :rolleyes: and the slow reactions and just enjoy the day. A good time was had by all. from Auntie. :yes: