clay classic

beretta

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm Beretta's take on this, it's 22:45 hours and it's a good job I'm typing this cos I'm still ******* breathless. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

The shoot promised transport to the layouts but claimed they couldn't use it as the ground was too wet, pity they didn't think of that when planning the thing, honestly I thought I'd breathed my last at one point :lol::no:

This was serious stuff, we started on stand 9 and beretta on stand 8 which were at the highest point on the ground, we then had to make our way downhill to stand 14 THEN BACK UP THE BLOODY HILL from stand 1 to 8.

I was seriously considering not doing the red course in the afternoon as we had been told the walking climbing was even worse, anyway I blagged a lift up to my stand on one of those kyobtu mules or whatever they are called which I'm sure saved my life. I may have given up smoking 3 years ago but putting 3 stone on and driving a desk all week has made hills a distinct liability, that climbing was NOT fun.

So, and this is were the excuses start piling in, I'm absolutely knackered from the exercise, the targets are hard FITASC rather than English Sporting and in the afternoon the wind gets up and pushes them all over the place!! Lets cut to the quick, 53 in the morning on the blue course and a dismal 47 in the PM on the red course, total of 100, very disappointed. There was a total of 28 stands, a mix of 3 pairs, 2 pairs and 3 (different) singles with FUG and I dropped targets on all but two of them and, as usual, missed more than my fair share of the "simpler" birds.

Overall, the targets were very very tough but I enjoyed it (except for the walking)

A very tired Mr Potter

PS I'll leave it to Beretta to tell you his score just let me say it was considerably more than mine and will be thereabouts for todays scores, we'll see what the Friday & Saturday brings

lowwwwwwwwwww :hmm:

Common Brian, you know you can do better :lol::no:;)

Just relax and focus on that bleeding front edge :hmm:

Catch you later in the weekend, really curious to hear how it was like (really wish I was there, even if I would surely have turned into a doormat already by the end of the first course :hmm: ).

Edited by FlorianO

Well done all those there over 50 - The hill at Hodnet did me in so glad I never went -- I stopped doing the Classics after the fiasco in Wales - wellies were no good - waders were footware of day in that mud - Only shoot I have shot at white clays in fog.

That did it for me.

Dave

Well done all those there over 50 - The hill at Hodnet did me in so glad I never went -- I stopped doing the Classics after the fiasco in Wales - wellies were no good - waders were footware of day in that mud - Only shoot I have shot at white clays in fog.

That did it for me.

Dave

Dave,

That walk from the Hodnet clubhouse to the furthest stand up the hill was but a stroll in the park compared to those two layouts at the Classic if you were drawn (like Beretta and I were) to start on the highest stands up the mountain.

Mr Potter