1st september

TJ91

Just wondering how many wildfowlers there is on here and how many of you will be out 1st sept (i gues 99%)??

Where will you be and what time will you be there!?

I will hopefully be on the humber (my 1st time out there) on the north bank

as i probably wont be able to sleep with the excitement and due to living only an hour away, i think i will be there as soon as the clock says its the 1st..

Somewhere on the foreshore probably, will be taking the young Springer so somewhere nice nad easy for the little sprat! Somewhere shallow without a tide run I guess or slightly inland awaiting incomming ducks :rolleyes:

Well I know where you will be then :good: that place you took me sounds about right for the young springer

the 1st falls on wed 6.2 tide 9.55am just right for shep whites :angry:

yeh and just right for all the anti's and dogy walkers and seal watchers and etc etc etc

never again in september at shep whites unless you can catapult looneys

In years gone by I have more or less camped out as early as 1am- Especially if it is a place where there may be plenty of other like minded wildfowlers.

One year I was in the marsh car park at 1am and realized at 4.30 I had forgot me gun..........Went home and got and by the time I got back it was standing room only.

However, it is more a tradition thing to me more than anything else as owadays all you are doing is watching the young ones go by. These days on the first day of the season I take new members out for their first guided flight and just sit back and admire the skybusting spectacle from a front row seat.

Edited by starlight32

One year I was in the marsh car park at 1am and realized at 4.30 I had forgot me gun..........Went home and got and by the time I got back it was standing room only.

:rolleyes:

i wouldnt too impressed with myself doing that.

You lot are wishing away most of the summer! Plenty things to chase after between now and September

i will still be chasing the pesky pigeons, i dont wish the summer away..

but i had a spare few hours the other day and started tidying up my decoys and deciding what new gear i need...i do get excited towards the start of the seaon :lol:

In years gone by I have more or less camped out as early as 1am- Especially if it is a place where there may be plenty of other like minded wildfowlers.

However, it is more a tradition thing to me more than anything else as owadays all you are doing is watching the young ones go by. These days on the first day of the season I take new members out for their first guided flight and just sit back and admire the skybusting spectacle from a front row seat.

:rolleyes: , fair play Starlight...........good on you bud! You obviously 'get it'

on the marsh watching countless numbers of complete cowboys blazing the population of greys and canadas to pretty much zero!!!! any of yous coming up id advise you to stay at home!! and not ruin the shooting for the whole of september in 1 flight...... i hate the 1st of sept to be honest...after last years performance by people who class themselfs as wildfowlers i may well stay in my bed!!!

Edited by markyboy