Got a Dyson Hoover?

Dempy

KIRBY vacuum cleaners are the daddies though. I had a trial with one (no intention of buying it, but my neighbours signed me up to it as I had a stain on the carpet I wanted removing) and I couldn't believe how much it picked up compared to the 6month old dyson I had at the time.

The salesman poured a cupful of salt on the carpet and spread it about. He told me to hoover it up with the dyson - so I did, and I was pleased with the result, it sucked loads up. He then told me to go over it with the Kirby and it pulled more than twice the amount of salt out of the carpet, which I was pretty shocked at. He did the bed too, which was pretty minging and then removed the stain from the living room (drunken late night curry stain) with no sign of it at all.

Shame about the price - £2K for a hoover!! No bloody chance!

:) my sis in law has a kirby :good: however she borrows our dyson about once a fortnight to do a 'proper clean' :lol: she really would like to ditch the kirby and buy a dyson but can't bring herself to do it after spending so much on the kirby :hmm:

Guest gloker

Our dyson is about 3 years old (DC14 animal.) has stopped picking stuff up despite changing filters etc.. I lost my rag after chasing a bit of fluff round front room. went out and bought a 70 quid bagless hoover hurricane. sounds like a harrier at full chat, cheap and nasty plastics. sucks like you wouldnt believe. has pulled all the pile on the carpet back up! Dyson are a waste of money imo

When i was off work due to long term ill health i used to make a fair bit of cash by buying dysons from our local tip and fixing them.The most common fault by far was caused by the fact that many people dont realise that the majority of the uprights have 2 or even 3 filters that need regular cleaning.Without attention the machine has to work harder and harder till eventually the over heat sensor trips the motor out.Half an hours cleaning and an overnight dry on a radiator and they were good as new.Got to a point where i had nearly 30 in my shed for spares.Since then ive discovered the Henry-take the bag out for maximum performance and it beats any dyson hands down. :angry:

i'v had an industrial henry now for 15yrs and it was 5yrs old when i bought it i was lucky enough to get it cheap off a mate who worked for a big office cleaning company in wolves.its never missed a beat and its suction is unlike any other hoover you just have to make sure you change the bag regular.

paddy.

I had a Dyson that died, eventually, despite changing the filters regular. Had a dilema than on what to get, another Dyson or something else. In the end I went for a Henry, must say it does the job OK..............or so the misses tels me as I obviously dont use a hoover :angry:

I would never have a other Dyson. I have had Three in 18 years.And have found that when it comes to picking up they ****

I could suck harder. :no:

Its Henry for me. Mind you most of the time i use the broom and dustpan it seems to always get in the places that the hoover cant. :no:.

Sweepy always say after a womans has cook her man a meal.The next best place for her is on her hands and knees. :angry:

xxxSuzy

When i was off work due to long term ill health i used to make a fair bit of cash by buying dysons from our local tip and fixing them.The most common fault by far was caused by the fact that many people dont realise that the majority of the uprights have 2 or even 3 filters that need regular cleaning.Without attention the machine has to work harder and harder till eventually the over heat sensor trips the motor out.Half an hours cleaning and an overnight dry on a radiator and they were good as new.Got to a point where i had nearly 30 in my shed for spares.Since then ive discovered the Henry-take the bag out for maximum performance and it beats any dyson hands down. :angry:

but does that not just redistribute the dust all over the place?? :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Good old PW!

Hoover (Dyson) packed in tonight, and I remebered this tread. SO XXXX that "I am not paying £300+ for a Hoover (Dyson)" So remebered this tread and did and ebay search £16 for motor bargin.

NOW, I did think before I stripped it all into bits that maybe (just maybe ) it was just overlaod on temperature, given I had just given it a good work out, connected up to my palm sander sanding down plaster :hmm::P:lol:

BUT no, in I wades, all in bit, but then when its all in bits for some reason I decided to connect the motor wires back to the power and test it. B*uger me it worked :good::oops::lol::oops:

So it was just temperature overload!

So my top tip is, give it half an hour or so and then try it again before you do what I did!

Edited by V8landy

Our dyson is about 3 years old (DC14 animal.) has stopped picking stuff up despite changing filters etc.. I lost my rag after chasing a bit of fluff round front room. went out and bought a 70 quid bagless hoover hurricane. sounds like a harrier at full chat, cheap and nasty plastics. sucks like you wouldnt believe. has pulled all the pile on the carpet back up! Dyson are a waste of money imo

Same here i binned 2 dysons as they stopped picking up despite changing the filters & got a 20 quid cleaner from Tesco .. i must admit if you change the bags regular it sucks pefect & its a good few yrs old

i would never buy another expencive cleaner again