which car ?

Lloyd90

Right I got myself a pretty tidy job and after my 3 month trial I get a £100 a week car allowance :rolleyes: So looking to upgrade from my 0.9 Corsa to something a bit better to say the least.

Criteria is I want something that has a good size boot as I want to put the dogs in there, either with a guard or a box otherwise hairs get everywhere, Im only 20 so it cant be a monster that will be huge on insurance and also something practical aswell ;)

I like the look of a 1.4 or 1.6 ford focus :hmm: What would you guys recommend ? :yes:

Any medium hatch/estate should be OK, Astra focus 307 C4 Fabia etc etc etc depending on mileage look at diesel, Depends how much you want to spend a month over allowance in terms of insurance, fuel and payments. Is your corsa an 09 plate or a 1.0l engine? or both if its an 09 plate its still new perhaps worth waiting a while before changing

Hi there, from working in the motor trade and getting to drive a lot of cars i would say most of the medium hatch backs are quite similar. If your just looking for something to jump into and drive have a look at the kia ceed as it comes with a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty or one of the hyundai's again a 5 year warranty, that way you know that you wont get any nasty bills and their cheap as chips to start with. I also think Kia are doing 0% interest free at mo.

hope that helps a little.

My corsa is like a 2002 one and a 0.9 engine lol :yes:

Lookin to get something around a 1.4-1.6 to keep insurance down ideally :oops:

ps wasnt looking to buy new, as we all know once it comes out the showroom it loses alot of value. Lookin on the likes of autotrader and such :oops:

Edited by Bigthug87

Why not have a look at quotes for something a little bigger? Something like an Audi A4 estate or maybe a Subaru Forester if you want to get it out in the fields a bit lamping too? I was talking to a mate of mine last night and he was really surprised by the insurance cost of his A4. He's only in his early twenties too.

Something like that is so much nicer to drive than these little hatch type cars with "mouse in a wheel" engines!