is it just me...

stubby

just looking through the for sale section, I can remember as a lad, if two different breeds of dogs got together, the offspring were mongrels/heinz 57 and would be sold off "cheaply"

now people just re name them, quote that they will make, this,that and the other, and stick a price up of £300 plus

can only say, a fool and his money is partied easy

just looking through the for sale section, I can remember as a lad, if two different breeds of dogs got together, the offspring were mongrels/heinz 57 and would be sold off "cheaply"

now people just re name them, quote that they will make, this,that and the other, and stick a price up of £300 plus

haha i agree,

hit the nail on the head there :blink:

(oh by the way i am not old!!)

Edited by TJ91

your not wrong steve but yes you are getting old lol

have you by anychance just seen the LABRADINGER's for sale in the trading section!??

just having a browse through and thought that was maybe what had sparked this!?

i have never heard of a labradinger...labradoodles are quite popular around us at the minute

They do Shih-tzu and Pomeranian crosses called shiht-poos :blink: Must be great when someone stops and asks you what it is.

We have got a Jack Russell cross. Dunno what he is crossed with but he is a real character and handsome with it. We get stopped by people all the time asking what he is. I need to make up some kind of double-entendre name to tell people - answers on a postcard...

rustydog.jpg

rustydog1-1.jpg

:blink: i got a golden lab/rottie cross pup recently (to be company for my rottweiler), but i only paid £25 for it from the local pound.

so if anyone is interested in a Labweiler, which will double as a gun dog and a guard dog, i may be interested in letting her go for £1000.... :good:

:blink: i got a golden lab/rottie cross pup recently (to be company for my rottweiler), but i only paid £25 for it from the local pound.

so if anyone is interested in a Labweiler, which will double as a gun dog and a guard dog, i may be interested in letting her go for £1000.... :lol:

excels at retrieving both birds and wild boar :good:

so if anyone is interested in a Labweiler, which will double as a gun dog and a guard dog, i may be interested in letting her go for £1000.... :good:

my last terrier was a jackrussel cross collie, crazy litlle thing but mint at ratting, she was a jackrussel on stilts, cost me 30quid 2 years ago from the farmer up the road who didnt know that the dog was having pups, he kept 1, sold me 1 and sold the other to my shooting mate, they are great dogs i calld myne jack, my mates is called ollie...

Guest gloker

I upset one of our stuck up neighbours. She has got two ewoks on leads that my jack russell hates. I asked her what type of dogs they were and she said "Shoodle" They are ****zu poodle mix" "Surely that makes them **** poos? " My wife was mortified and the snooty neighbour just walked off.!

I upset one of our stuck up neighbours. She has got two ewoks on leads that my jack russell hates. I asked her what type of dogs they were and she said "Shoodle" They are ****zu poodle mix" "Surely that makes them **** poos? " My wife was mortified and the snooty neighbour just walked off.!

brilliant :good:

They make me laugh (probably 'cos I'm getting old too). The best bit is when they say that they incorporate the best of both breeds without knowing a thing about genetics and whether in fact you'll get the worst of both parent's characteristics. Imagine a springer / lab cross that never stops eating and eats your house, the neighbour's house, the next door but one's house....... Or a JRT crossed with a saluki that chases hares on three legs then fights or ****s them depending on what sex they are.

Springadors? Labradoodles? Pretentious nonsense! :good:

Nickbeardo - Beauceron mix it isn't.

I was looking for a dog to guard our property 20 years ago - we ended up with German Shepherds, who ended up as pets who also guarded. I looked at Beaucerons - The Readers Digest book of big dogs described Rottweillers as nice family dogs. Beaucerons - "spontaneous and aggressive - some say vicious and brutal".

I wouldn't pay for a dog period - would go down dogs home.

Also noticed a lot of cross breed guns for sale - especially Beretaa's - Berrata's and Barretta's -- if I was selling one I would look at box or butt plate just to see what I have for sale.

Dave

I wouldn't pay for a dog period - would go down dogs home.

:good: Dave

Trouble is, some rescue centres charge a lot of money for dogs - £50 for cross breeds and £100 for pedigree breeds without papers. There's a guy in London who has the contract for stray dog collection in some boroughs who charges the police and army amongst others £2,000 for young adult springers, labs, GSDs and Rotties. :lol: And he has no shortage of dogs and plenty of customers.

When I was in police dog training I sourced 12 dogs at a total cost of £90. Then they decided to make the dog procurement post redundant and buy in their dogs. That year they spend £25,000 on 15 dogs, 3 of which didn't manage 12 months service. :lol: