Thunderbugs.

Cranfield

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS...vBAb73AoeIoDVQ=

Thunderbugs are thrips (see above link). They are the very small black bugs that descend on you by the million just prior to harvest. They drive you nuts by making you itch due to their tickly little feet, and get in every picture frame and behind the screens of phones and microwaves etc making you think you have hyphens where you don't.

In summary no use to anything that I know of just there to annoy.

Oh they are mainly (not exclusively though) found in arable areas so if you live in a mainly grass area you probably don't notice them as much.

Is that for real or another conspiracy theory :D

I've heard of Thundercats and Thunderbirds and thunder/lightning and lady bugs(oh, soory, ladybirds) but never a Thunderbug.......oh, and thunderbird 20/20 (fall down juice) :good:

:good::stupid:

Yeah they are for real, been driving me nuts today every time i got out of the combine. I'll be glad when I have cut the wheat as they will be gone then.

this way they get called thrips or simply cornflies, my wife took me out for drink this afternoon after my weekly physio and we went out to a country pub and whilst sat outsideme quaffing back a bit of mordues worky ticket :unsure: her hair became a magnet for them funny as watching her try to swat em off.

KW